Defold for Playable Ads

Point me to the URL of the documentation about Unity and MRAID and I’ll add it to the tool.

1 Like

it would be great, if you add it, here is Unity documentation on Playable Ads

and MRAID documentation

thank you

3 Likes

Many thanks! It looks like a simple task and at first glance it would even be possible to make a universal playable ad build supporting both Unity (and others with mraid) and Facebook at the same time.

4 Likes

Unity Ads support is almost done! There are still a couple of things that need to be completed to make the Defold-made playable ad pass the Unity Ad Tester app.

8 Likes

Hi, can you share please quick tip on how to create CTA button and is there any templates for different platforms output ?

The tool automatically detects the platform where the ad is running. Nothing extra needs to be done, except specifying a link to the application if it is Unity Ads.

I added the info about CTA in the “Playable Ad Development Steps With Defold” section in README.

2 Likes

So, I released a new version. The changelog:

• added support for Unity Ads.
  • updated documentation.
  • updated example to test how the sound is paused in the Unity Ad Tester when the player minimises the app.

Plus, it looks like AppLovin is supported too, since the ad passed their ad tester tool.

And I’m really looking forward to the real results from the community! We personally have never run any ad campaigns with playable ads made with Defold, so we need your feedback and experience. If there are any technical issues, make sure to let us know.

7 Likes

Hello!
Is this normal behavior in verification tools on FB? Or should it turn green? In the project that is given as an example, it works the same way.

This is a question for the Playable Preview Tool - ask the FB support. Because even on a simple test html like this, the above warning is still showing:

<html>
<body>
    <button onclick="FbPlayableAd.onCTAClick();">Click Me</button>
</body>
</html>

Plus, it’s better to an ad campaign in the FB ad cabinet and check if playable ad works there. Everything should work. Also, you will be able to check your playable ad on your mobile device.

3 Likes