Defold Engine Crash Course tutorial series

Hello all, I run the sites GameFromScratch.com as well as DevGa.me and I just published a new Defold 2 tutorial series, that acts as a crash course for getting started with Defold. It starts from the very beginning and covers everything you need to know to get up and running using Defold from creating your first project, to creating collections, handling input, using physics and particle systems, playing music, creating a gui, importing add-ons and switching scenes. If you prefer video, there is a video as well.

Hopefully this series helps you get started with Defold! Any and all feedback appreciated!

Cheers

25 Likes

I really like your series ! Keep it up with the great videos !

3 Likes

Great job! Thank you for sharing!

3 Likes

I honestly feel like the day I subscribed to you was the day I made the best decision, from Godot to Defold you helped me a lot, thank you.

6 Likes

Really nice work!

1 Like

I love it. Quick-watched the crash course, and it looks awesome and covers all the basics indeed. Awesome work. We should totally push it to our next newsletter.

Here’s the video to save a click:

2 Likes

Awesome, glad to hear it! This is why I do these things :wink: Thanks to everyone for the nice replies, they are appreciated. Hopefully this helps more people discover and succeed with Defold.

5 Likes

Glad you liked it. I’m not going to say no to any and all promotion offered :wink:

3 Likes