Defold editor is slow

Hello everyone!

I have recently been using this program.
I like to use it.
But the editor is not responsive enough.
After each action in the editor, you need to wait a couple of seconds until the program stops slowing down

It’s very hard to work like that. :frowning:

Defold Version: 1.2.188

My Notebook (Samsung)

CPU: Intel Core i5 3210M @ 2.50GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Samsung)
RAM: 4 Gb.

Sorry, I am using Google Translate

Yes, that doesn’t sound like a super nice user experience. Does this happen on a small project or is it a project with a lot of content?

Do you have some anti virus or anything similar that might slow things down?

This could be a bottleneck for sure. It’s really in the low end.

This is combination of Windows & Intel HD4000.
Defold on Mac with HD4000 works perfectly. On Windows - slow as hell. Unusable.

1 Like

Hello @Sehnsucht,

I run Defold using Win 10 on a laptop of a similar age - but with a faster processor, a dedicated GPU and 8 GB RAM. I rarely experience freezes.
You could try and speed your machine up by adding more RAM. Defold running and maybe a browser window open easily uses 4 GB of RAM, at least on my machine. And the fans are spinning all the time. I at least will replace my laptop soon.

1 Like

I used Defold on Windows 7 with the HD 4000 for years without trouble (though I had a faster CPU than Sehnsucht does, and on desktop).

Look at your task manager to make sure nothing else is using the CPU, and that you have most of your memory free. Shut down any other programs running.

Honestly, it probably won’t help much :sob: , but it’s worth a try. Probably your CPU is too slow and you don’t have enough RAM. Here is a comparison with my last CPU for reference: Intel Core i5-3210M @ 2.50GHz vs Intel Core i5-3570K @ 3.40GHz [cpubenchmark.net] by PassMark Software

2 Likes

Thanks for answers

1 Like