Defold do not open project after created

I can create a new project, but after closing it I can’t open it again. Defold v1.3.7 used.

Firewall/antivirus was checked and no problem founded.

1 Like

Hi @NewDefoldUser !

I’m sorry to hear it.
What platform are you on?
Which template did you use to create your project?
Perhaps if you share your editor logs with us, we can take a look at it.

Using Windows 10
Tried Empty project

First line of the log:
2022-10-19 10:39:09.125 205 [JavaFX-Launcher] WARN javafx - Unsupported JavaFX configuration: classes were loaded from ‘unnamed module @143a3890

editor2.2022-10-19.zip (12.5 KB)

1 Like

Thanks!
I don’t see any errors in that log.
Could it be that the first editor is still running?
Have you checked the Task Manager? (we don’t open a second window if the first is already there)

There is nothing in the Task Manager after I try to open a project.

1 Like

Do you get an error dialog when you open the project, or does the editor just close immediately?

If so, does Defold.exe print something if you start it from a Command Line window?

Would you be comfortable zipping up your project and sharing it with us? If so, can you send it to mats@defold.se so we could try to reproduce the issue?

No error. Just open white image than close immediately.

This is the only feedbak I have after try to open a project (after the first time).

Project here:
My Project.zip (2.3 KB)

I am able to open the project just fine.

Did it print something interesting if you start it from the command line?

Do you run into the same issue if you create a new project?

Unfortunately this seems like it could be a GPU driver issue or something like that. Are you running on the latest drivers?

Does restarting your PC help?

GPU driver is one version before the last update. I will update the driver and try to reboot.

Nothing in the console.

New project created:

Thank you @Mathias_Westerdahl and @mats.gisselson, but the projects won’t work, maybe I try again in the future.

@NewDefoldUser could you please tell us which GPU you have?

Also could I please ask you to do Project->Bundle->Window to create a Windows bundle. I assume the same problem happens when you run it from the exe? And what happens if you open a Windows command prompt and run the exe from there?