Defold 2.0 not launching (SOLVED)

Hey, I’m trying to get the latest version of Defold (Defold 2) launching but it won’t launch. What do I do to fix this?

You start by providing some more information :slight_smile:

1. What’s your operating system?
  2. 32bit or 64bit?
  3. Does it simply not start at all or does it crash while launching (perhaps you see the splash screen)?
  4. If you’re on OSX or Linux what happens if you launch Defold from a terminal? Do you see any errors?

Let’s start with the answers to these four questions and we’ll take it from there. There are crash logs that could be of interest to us, but first we need to know more.

1 Like

@britzl my OS is a 64 bit windows 10. It does not start at all when trying to launch it both from the start menu and the taskbar. Number 4 would be irrelevant since I’m on Windows 10 though.

Do you have some anti virus software that might block Defold? We have plenty of users on win 10 so it really should work. Where did you unzip and run from? Lack of permissions perhaps?

1 Like

I unzipped and ran it from the Microsoft Edge downloads. No antivirus software. That must’ve been it! I got it fixed! Thank you so much! :wink:

4 Likes