Defold 1.6.4 Beta

Solved. The extension is now setting up OpenGL the same way on Win, Linux and macOS and it seems to be working both in 1.6.3 and 1.6.4-beta

4 Likes

Should this one be marked as a breaking change? The default is now to return nil whereas previously it returned the userdata json.null

I believe that we accidentally broke it last time we updated it, and now we went back to the earlier behavior. @britzl can you confirm?

1 Like

Correct. The old behaviour for json.decode() was to use Lua nil when a JSON null was encountered. With the update to our JSON parser we accidentally changed this behaviour so that json.decode() used a json.null userdata instead. In this release we reverted back to the old behaviour.

1 Like

I’m possibly confused about timeframes then. Was the JSON parser accidentally broken during the development of 1.6.4 and then fixed again?
I specifically had to make a change to code that was written against Defold 1.4.7, and working fine with 1.6.3, but broke with 1.6.4

Yes, we introduced the new (broken) behavior in 1.4.0

2 Likes

I get this error when close game.

ERROR:RESOURCE: Leaked resources:
ERROR:RESOURCE: Resource: /runtime_buffer_water_1.bufferc  ref count: 2
ERROR:RESOURCE: Resource: /def-mesh/buffers/buffer1.bufferc  ref count: 1

This buffers that i create in runtime.

mesh.buffer_res = resource.create_buffer("/def-mesh/buffers/buffer" .. RES_BUFFER_IDX .. ".bufferc", { buffer = buf,
																										   transfer_ownership = true })

In 1.6.3 no errors.

You add errors? or it not leaked in 1.6.3?
I need to free resources that i created in runtime?

Hm, that shouldn’t happen no. We fixed an edge case issue with buffers in this release, but it shouldn’t have this side-effect. Would you be able to send me a snapshot of the project, or a small repro? I’ll take a look

1 Like

i can’t make small repro(a lot of job in week) But i can add you at my current project where it reproduced.

I add you to github repository:https://github.com/d954mas/game-blocky-fighting

Create buffer for water:
https://github.com/d954mas/game-blocky-fighting/blob/47bb479202ac80373b3054b06af71487d3a1151f/libs_project/buffers.lua#L30

Create buffer for mesh_binary:
https://github.com/d954mas/game-blocky-fighting/blob/47bb479202ac80373b3054b06af71487d3a1151f/def-mesh/reader.lua#L86

This error show when i close game

1 Like

Perfect, thank you!

Just to be sure: Isn’t this something that the engine should take care of?

1 Like

Something seems to be broken in sprite flip using sprite.set_hflip function for sprites with sprite trim mode 4 vertices enabled in atlas.
2024-02-06_17-20-05

The sprite is not flipped
2024-02-06_17-19-26

The sprite is flipped (sprite.set_hflip("#sprite", true):
2024-02-06_17-19-36

If sprite trim mode turn off then flip function works coorect.
2024-02-06_17-27-35

Previosly tested in version 1.6.2 at it worked correctly in all cases.

3 Likes

Thanks!
I’ll have a look this week!

1 Like

It became impossible/difficult to select a model by clicking in the editor. Probably something with boundbox detection. On the video within one object, but the same thing happens on a collection scene with a lot of objects. At the same time clicking into objects with sprites works as before.

UPD:
How it works with scene collection in 1.6.2 (I can select a game object with models by click over them):

In 1.6.4 I can’t select a game object with models by click over them, but can select the game object with sprite inside them only:

3 Likes

Thanks! I’ve pushed a fix for this to dev :slight_smile: It’ll take a bit for it to be available

4 Likes

Tested. It works now, thanks!

9 Likes

@jhonny.goransson
Do you look on it?
I can try to make small repro case in weekends if you need it.

1 Like

I haven’t taken a look yet, I’ll try to do it today :+1:

EDIT: I think I’ve found the issue, a fix is on the way

3 Likes

We’ve pushed two fixes to the beta, and will be available for testing within an hour:

• a fix for the sprite flip issue when using trimmed sprite images
  • a reference count issue when using the buffer type
6 Likes

Yes, this is a bug. We will fix that.

2 Likes