With this release we have added better support for IPv6 networking.
Apple has announced that starting June 1 all apps submitted to the Apple App Store must support IPv6-only networking (see Supporting IPv6-only Networks). This means if you are planning to upload your game on Apple App Store after this date you will need to update to Defold 1.2.83.
We have changed the behavior of the engine when pressing the Escape button, it will no longer automatically quit the engine. This means that you can add functionality to the Escape key with input bindings. (The old behavior can be re-enabled through an option in the Defold preferences window, but will only work for games launched from the editor.)
- DEF-1842 - Added: IPv6 support
- DEF-1846 - Changed: Escape button no longer quits the engine
- DEF-1760 - Changed: Switched to HTTPS for analytics server
- DEF-1550 - Fixed: Refactoring GUI correctly updates texture paths
- DEF-1828 - Fixed:
gui.get_size()returns correct size on init
- DEF-1624 - Fixed: Support for importing meshes with double type
- DEF-1903 - Fixed: Facebook login UI is only shown if user is not logged in on HTML5
- DEF-1661 - Fixed:
facebook.show_dialogis handled correctly on HTML5
- DEF-1722 - Fixed: Crash handling code froze on some platforms
- DEF-799 - Fixed: Better logging when trying to stop ParticleFX that could not be found
- DEF-1781 - Updated: “Invite a friend” email has been updated