Defold 1.2.58 has been released

This release contains a new collection proxy feature. Now you can tell a proxy to load a collection asynchronously with the “async_load” message. Scaling of game objects has also been expanded to full 3D scaling (pass a vector3 instead of a number to go.set_scale()). When using custom resources (set as “custom_resources” under “[project]” in game.project), you can now specify a folder instead of individual files.

New features

• Asynchronous loading of collections.
  • Non-uniform scaling of game objects is now possible.
  • It is now possible to specify a folder and not only individual files as “custom_resources”.

Bug fixes

• pick_node() position was incorrect when using display profiles.
  • Fix to make it possible to copy GUI components in outline view.
  • Removed frequent warnings that spammed the console.
  • Crash fix when calling push.register() without gcm_sender_id set on Android.
  • Bundling could take a long time because builder incorrectly walked the same resource multiple times.
  • Crash fix during in-app purchase currency conversion on Android.

Documentation updates

• Various API documentation fixes.

Enjoy!

I don’t know if it is intended, but the behaviour of the objects loaded by “load” and “async_load” is different as far as I can tell. The normal “load” will run the code in all script init before displaying the collection, where “async_load” seems to first display and then init the objects. This means any transformations made during init is visible for a frame when the collection has been asynchronously loaded.

Ok, I’m not sure if that is intended or not. I’ll check.

Did you get any more info in this matter?

We’re not sure but it sounds like a possible problem. Can you post your code so we can try to repro? (For instance are you posting “init”, then “enable”?)

I have removed it from my code since it didn’t work, but feel free to add it again. It is especially visible when loading the arena from the lobby. You have access to the project (and so does most of your team at this point… :slight_smile: )