Defold 1.2.191 BETA

Defold 1.2.191 BETA

The latest beta is now released, and we invite those interested in beta testing the new features in the editor and engine to join now.
The beta period will be 2 weeks and the next planned stable release is two weeks from now.

We hope this new workflow will highlight any issues earlier, and also get valuable feedback from our users. And please comment if you come up with ideas on improving on this new workflow.

Please report any engine issues in this thread or in issues using Help → Report Issue

Thx for helping out!


This is a BETA release, and it might have issues that could potentially be disruptive for you and your teams workflow. Use with caution. Use of source control for your projects is strongly recommended.

Access to the beta

Download the editor or bob.jar from Defold Downloads

Set your build server to


  • Issue-3459 - Fixed: Add ability to change collision object group and mask at run-time
  • Issue-3645 - Fixed: Add possibility to rotate tiles in tilemap
  • Issue-5066 - Fixed: Add timer.trigger(handle) function
  • Issue-6185 - Fixed: Set window background color on startup
  • Issue-6198 - Fixed: Set default mipmap generation filter to linear
  • Issue-6227 - Fixed: Fixed material constant for Vulkan
  • Issue-6235 - Fixed: Discard first random value after setting seed
  • Issue-6236 - Fixed: Improved parser for v3 and v4 with a single value
  • Issue-6239 - Fixed: Update “resource.get_text_metrics” docs
  • Issue-6241 - Fixed: Set fd for file resource data to 0 after it has been closed
  • Issue-6244 - Fixed: Add go.get("#sprite", "animation")
  • Issue-6249 - Fixed: NE: New LoadClass method with activity parameter and fix order for OnCreate/OnActivityResult callbacks
  • Issue-6251 - Fixed: NE: Added destroy function to DM_DECLARE_COMPONENT_TYPE
  • Issue-6256 - Fixed: Fixed issue where particlefx could get wrong material constants
  • Issue-6273 - Fixed: Fix build exception when local cache is enabled but no remote cache is set up.
  • Issue-6283 - Fixed: Fix: bundling process doesn’t build textures from resource property overrides
  • Issue-6284 - Fixed: Fixed issue with tilesource using indexed PNG
  • Issue-6276 - Fixed: Update SDK to iOS 15, macOS 12 and XCode 13


  • Issue-6265 - Fixed: Fix freeze at project load time when an editor script requires another Lua module
  • Issue-6267 - Fixed: Handle long file paths in the debugger
  • Issue-6226 - Fixed: Added VSCode + Calva readme
  • Issue-6238 - Fixed: Editor loads resources from dependencies only when needed

We’ve also updated extension-spine and extension-rive with a minor but breaking change in the dmSDK.

It shouldn’t affect much other than you’ll get a compile error if you’re not using the corresponding version for your editor.


We’ve released an updated beta with iOS 15 support.

1 Like

Awesome! I have needed each of these from time to time.


Yeah, I like how these game-changing features keep quietly popping up lately.


Just testing this version. I’m getting this Internal Server error for both extension I’m using. Any clue?

The rotating tiles and setting masks and groups at runtime are big ones! Is tile rotating supported by the editor, or just code?


For now it’s the same as for FlipH/FlipV - you can’t change it in the tile editor, but if you change it in your *.tilemap file the editor will show it (or if you change it in an external tile editor)

API docs is available here: API reference (tilemap)


This comment may be useful for ppl who wants to make exporters from tile editors into Defold tilemap
We don’t use transformation matrix for each tile, 3 bits is enough to record 16 (but 8 unique) states that combination of FlipH, FlipV and Rotato90 gives.


Which extensions? Can you confirm which build server you are using? And your editor version?

Sure thing!


Build server:


I’m on a Macbook pro with Apple Silicon. OSX 12.1
Everything was working with 1.2.190. I’m always on the beta channel :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had missed to update a few environment variables on that darwin server. I’m on it and expect it to be fixed soon.

The Darwin beta server has now been updated and should be working again.


All working now, thank you!


Reporting this here but also on github.
When the console is hidden the autocomplete menu appears not where the cursor is.


Checked #6142 (black screen flashing after a launch screen on iOS) and, unfortunately, it’s not fixed.


Yeah I second that, I still get the back flash on iOS. On desktop it’s working although I tested on osx only.