Defold 1.2.190 BETA

Defold 1.2.190 BETA

The latest beta is now released, and we invite those interested in beta testing the new features in the editor and engine to join now.
The beta period will be 2 weeks and the next planned stable release is two weeks from now.

We hope this new workflow will highlight any issues earlier, and also get valuable feedback from our users. And please comment if you come up with ideas on improving on this new workflow.

Please report any engine issues in this thread or in issues using Help → Report Issue

Thx for helping out!


This is a BETA release, and it might have issues that could potentially be disruptive for you and your teams workflow. Use with caution. Use of source control for your projects is strongly recommended.

Access to the beta

Download the editor or bob.jar from Defold Downloads

Set your build server to

Release Notes

This sprint we’ve made a lot of fixes in everything from the editor, the build pipeline and the engine.
We’ve worked on stability, and also added some new functionality to the gui.

A major improvement to the Gui is that the component now supports the material, fonts and textures resource properties.

You can get/set them using go.set()/go.get() using the new support feature of indexing using a key (documentation):

go.set("#gui", “fonts”, self.my_font, {key = “my_font”})

You can now also use the alpha directly on the gui nodes via gui.set_alpha(node, a)/gui.get_alpha(node)



Our work on stabilizing the performance on the Android platform continues, and this sprint we have two more potential fixes that should hopefully bring down the number of ANR’s even further.

Development app

In order to keep our own code base clean, we’ve moved the development app dmengine.apk into a separate project and we have also updated its documentation.

Native extensions

If you were using dmExtension::RegisterAndroidOnActivityResultListener, we’ve made a bug fix for it, and the function signature is slightly different.
It has moved to an Android specific namespace dmAndroid::RegisterOnActivityResultListener() and is added in dmsdk/android.h (source)
You are unlikely so use it directly yourself, but you need to update these extensions:

We’ve also added the dmSpinlock to the dmsdk, which allows for lower cost scope locks (compared to dmMutex)


  • Issue-3775 - Fixed: Slow moving collision objects get stuck on collision
  • Issue-5791 - Fixed: gui.animate doesn’t set value if duration = 0 and delay > 0
  • Issue-6089 - Fixed: go.set now supports setting resource properties in gui scenes (material, textures and fonts)
  • Issue-6148 - Fixed: Build Cache Server: Check for resource key in both local and remote cache
  • Issue-6159 - Fixed: Build Cache Server: Ignore some project options when calculating cache key
  • Issue-6151 - Fixed: Gui: Template override with layouts bug
  • Issue-6156 - Fixed: HTML5: Break out of loop when printing stack trace
  • Issue-6160 - Fixed: Android: Possible ANR fix #1: Fixed timeout for polling event from Android OS
  • Issue-6172 - Fixed: Android: Possible ANR fix #2: Force close application when Android OS requests it
  • Issue-6138 - Fixed: The macOS window title now uses UTF8
  • Issue-6171 - Fixed: NE: New onCreate hook for Android in dmSDK (and breaking change for RegisterAndroidOnActivityResultListener)
  • Issue-6178 - Fixed: Mesh Component: Create vertex declarations first time a custom buffer is set
  • Issue-6186 - Fixed: NE: Fixed issue of missing app manifest when building engine from editor
  • Issue-6189 - Fixed: NE: Added dmSpinlock to dmSDK
  • Issue-6192 - Fixed: Optimization/Bob: Added support for ABGR in texc, to skip a java data copy loop
  • Issue-6197 - Fixed: Input initialization correctness cleanup. (Avoid memset on non-POD struct)
  • Issue-6199 - Fixed: Crash: Fixed issue of getting/setting render constants on label
  • Issue-6202 - Fixed: NE: Updated plugin build rules to work for macOS/Win32/Linux
  • Issue-6204 - Fixed: Script: Concatenating vmath types and text outputs truncated text
  • Issue-6208 - Fixed: Android: Remove mobile dev app
  • Issue-6209 - Fixed: NE: Fix implicit cast of jobject to ANativeActivity
  • Issue-6210 - Fixed: Fix when setting more than 4 render constants
  • Issue-6212 - Fixed: Added documentation example for gui.get_font_resource()
  • Issue-6218 - Fixed: Add function gui.set_alpha() and gui.get_alpha()
  • Issue-6220 - Fixed: Added missing documentation for indices/keys in go.get/set


  • Issue-6175 - Fixed: Updated splash with new games
  • Issue-6194 - Fixed: Updated JavaFX from 15-ea+8 to 18-ea+6

thank you so much for the Monterey fixes!