Defold 1.2.182 BETA

Nope, that’s c-ares DNS library being removed.

We will push a fix to the beta branch on Monday. It is related to the changes we are doing to the build pipeline. I actually thought we had fixed this on Friday when we fixed a classloader related problem in bob.

4 Likes

There is now a new beta “5a9c358704e7f599cf4b3f33527357ca958735f7” with a fix for the spine related error messages. (@AGulev, @aglitchman, @dmitriy)

3 Likes

We’ve decided to extend the beta period with one week due to some new fixes.

We needed to fix a regression so we moved up the removal of the cares dns lookup library from the engine. This however is a bigger change, so to be cautios we decided to extend the beta period.

We’ve also updated the “–use-vanilla-lua” option to bob.jar, which now allows you to store the Lua/.script files unencrypted in your archive.

5 Likes

Since this last update touches a lot of the network code, it would be good if some of you could try it out one extra time to make sure it still works as expected for you on e.g. iOS/Android.

1 Like

Calling on @Dragosha, @Pkeod, @Lex and others

1 Like

haha, I’ve already released a couple of games using the latest beta :grin: :crossed_fingers:

5 Likes

Since yesterday? lol

2 Likes

We don’t use networking on iOS/Android besides Game Analytics on Android. Would it still be useful to test?

Nope. Thanks anyway!

1 Like

Which version needs for testing? Beta 101e3b4819deca30a23b47cece71c16fcb2bbf81 ?

3 Likes

Correct!

I’ve tested Android version of the game on both my phones with 7.1.1 and 11 OS version. Seems it works, so I was making aab and partial roll-out in GooglePlay (now In review state). I’ll back with first reports when it ready.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Since Google Play registered only one crash with this release I’ve rollout it to 100% :see_no_evil:

And there are no c-area mentions :partying_face:

6 Likes

Woho!

4 Likes