Defold 1.2.174 BETA has been released

Defold 1.2.174 BETA

The latest beta is now released, and we invite those interested in beta testing the new features in the editor and engine to join now.
The beta period will be 2 weeks and the next planned stable release is two weeks from now.

We hope this new workflow will highlight any issues earlier, and also get valuable feedback from our users. And please comment if you come up with ideas on improving on this new workflow.

Please report any engine issues in this thread or in issues using Help -> Report Issue

Thx for helping out!

Disclaimer

This is a BETA release, and it might have issues that could potentially be disruptive for you and your teams workflow. Use with caution. Use of source control for your projects is strongly recommended.

Access to the beta

Download the editor or bob.jar from http://d.defold.com/beta/

Set your build server to https://build-stage.defold.com

Release notes

This interim release was planned in order to support iOS 14 as soon as it came out.
We’ve also taken the opportunity to fix some issues regarding the AAB bundling for Android.

Since it’s a brand new major OS version, we’d like some help from the community to test that it works as intended. E.g. building properly and running on the devices (old and new).

We’d also like you to test and verify that the AAB issues have been fixed and are working again on all platforms (osx, win32, linux)

Thank you!

Engine

• Issue-5057 - Fixed: Added support for iOS 14.0
  • Issue-5207 - Fixed: Make sure to generate the debug.keystore from the project root
  • Issue-5154 - Fixed: Fix Android bundler to copy manifest+resources from correct architecture
  • Issue-5191 - Fixed: Copy android assets to correct folder when creating AAB
  • Issue-5209 - Fixed: run jarsigner from java home folder
  • Issue-5210 - Fixed: Make sure to get full path to java home bin folder for jarsigner
  • Issue-5016 - Fixed: Single layout gui generates layout changed message
  • Issue-5077 - Fixed: Font blur won’t affect font cursor
  • Issue-5153 - Fixed: Added missing mesh.max_count value to game project properties
  • Issue-5165 - Fixed: NE: Manifest merge tool can now merge arrays in plist
  • Issue-5145 - Added: NE: Added dmSocket::Select functions to dmSdk
  • Issue-5161 - Added: NE: Added dmSocket::SetQuickAck
  • Issue-5163 - Added: NE: Added dmSocket::Connect et al to dmSocket
  • Issue-5156 - Fixed: NE: Exclude record library from release (remote) builds

UPDATE:

• Issue-5212 - Fixed: Android: WINDOW_RESIZED isn’t sent every frame
  • Issue-5216 - Fixed: Android: Back button doesn’t shut down the app

UPDATE (2020/10/01):

• Issue-5249 - Fixed: Android: sys.exit() didn’t shut down the app
14 Likes

I’m getting Internal Server Error when I try to build any project that uses DefOS on 1.2.174:

2020-09-21 11:27:15.324 212218 [JavaFX Application Thread] WARN  editor.app-view - {:line 816}
clojure.lang.ExceptionInfo: Failed to build engine, status 500: Internal Server Error
	at editor.engine.build_errors$build_error.invokeStatic(build_errors.clj:463)
	at editor.engine.native_extensions$build_engine_archive.invokeStatic(native_extensions.clj:257)
	at editor.engine.native_extensions$get_engine_archive.invokeStatic(native_extensions.clj:301)
	at editor.engine$get_engine.invokeStatic(engine.clj:197)
	at editor.app_view$async_build_BANG_$fn__45778$fn__45784.invoke(app_view.clj:766)
	at editor.app_view$async_build_BANG_$fn__45778.invoke(app_view.clj:764)
	at clojure.core$binding_conveyor_fn$fn__5739.invoke(core.clj:2030)
	at clojure.lang.AFn.call(AFn.java:18)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128)
	at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628)
	at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)

EDIT: I changed the build server to https://build.defold.com/ then back to https://build-stage.defold.com/ and the issue seems to have gone way.

4 Likes

Kalispera

I try bundle android and had this error:

Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS:
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS:
Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
java.lang.module.FindException: Module jdk.jartool not found

thanks

i didnot put keystore bec like keystore i made from manual i did not have a txt with password , or do not know how create the syntax of it

thanks

Are you using the latest beta?

yes now i used the new beta thanks

and i had the above error from bundle android

And have your changed to the beta build server (build-stage.defold.com) in editor preferences?

Can you also share what it says in Help->About?

editor preferences no i didnt change sth
i changed now and try bundle again to see thanks
thanks

again the same

i done debug bundle with debug.keystore and debug.keystore.pass.txt and has saw the same
error
unknown source:
Picked up JAVA_TOOL_OPTIONS:
Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS:
Error occurred during initialization of boot layer
java.lang.module.FindException: Module jdk.jartool not found

Ah, could you please download a new beta instead of updating the existing one?

ok i will download a new version of beta thanks , do i need change the preferences of server again? thanks

ok i read up need change server as you said before

thanks

@britzl it work with new install worked!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy: thanks a lot

nice i open in mobile but not work normal now must do changes… instead start at logo start in other screen and is stuck cant press sth. Was at middle seem ok i think but was stuck. Do i must rebuilt all in different
resolution? or can sth be done with render? nice first joy now sadness i have a road ahead nice is in pc
works normal with joystick also

thanks

2 Likes

We’ve have pushed some fixes to the 1.2.174 beta and the build-stage.defold.com to solve the resource issues when bundling for Android. A new beta (SHA1: 5d8d6d6ed04e9d6ed8c577e558f6ad767e2e3735) should be available in 20 minutes or so. The build server has already been updated.

We’ve tested with a few different projects with and without extensions and so far everything seems to finally be back on track and working, BUT we would also appreciate if you could test with your own projects and report back to us if something isn’t working in the bundling process.

6 Likes

Not sure if it’s related issue (I think there were two separate issues in previous ticket)

I’m using the Defold App Manifest Generator to optimize my game for stuff I don’t need like Physics2D, Physics3D, Records, and Profiler. Defold App Manifest Generator

I’m not sure if this is the latest release of the beta that is causing the following error.

Line 1: Cannot create property=platforms for JavaBean=com.defold.extender.Configuration@31cee5b
  in 'string', line 1, column 1:
    context:
    ^
Cannot create property=aapt2compileCmd for JavaBean=com.defold.extender.PlatformConfig@2b8de841
  in 'string', line 227, column 5:
    env:
    ^
Unable to find property 'aapt2compileCmd' on class: com.defold.extender.PlatformConfig
  in 'string', line 267, column 22:
    aapt2compileCmd: 'aapt2 compile {{resourceFile}}  ... 
                     ^

Not sure that is going on here.

@vnieu which version of Defold (share Help->About) are you using? Can you also confirm that you are using build-stage.defold.com in editor preferences?

I’m using version 1.2.174 beta channel.
I’ve just set the build server to https://build-stage.defold.com and now it just says ‘Ready’ at the bottom left corner when I try to build.

No error or any progress indication? Try cleaning out your build and .internal folder in your project and try again.

It builds but only when the native extension in the game.project is empty but when I attach the .appmanifest is does not build.

Can you share (bjorn@defold.se) a complete and minimal example project where bundling doesn’t work?