Defold 1.2.170 BETA

What extensions are you using?

And you are using the stage server? https://build-stage.defold.com

Yeah, I might bite too. I just took footage of two of my coworkers (and myself) and I’m going to be adding them into my fighting game this week, which means messing around with a lot of different hitboxes. Physics scaling would probably save me a lot of work.

3 Likes

4 Likes

This worked thanks!

2 Likes

I’m getting a different error when building for HTML5:

Using the following extensions:
47%20AM
I’ve set the build server correctly, as well as removing the build folder. build/js-web/log.txt attached below.

log.txt (5.9 KB)

1 Like

Try removing DefOS please?

1 Like

It builds just fine after removing DefOS, guess the update broke it?

Yep, DefOS uses emscripten.h internally. I don’t know why, but there is something changed related to the Emscripten 1.39.16 update. Maybe @Pkeod or @dapetcu21 might help.

4 Likes

I’m having issues with html5 build too, the app is crashing with just a black screen. Windows 10, I have the correct build server.

I tried to isolate the problem, and it looks like there is also an issue with the Facebook extension (on html5 at least). Console errors:

Minimal repro case:
FBTest.zip (624.9 KB)

I get the crash when I call facebook.access_token() in the repro case. Uncomment it and the errors are gone.

The crash you shared showed problems with Pointer_stringify, which according to our Emscripten release notes have been changed in Emscripten 1.39:

Pointer_stringify is used in a bunch of places and need to be changed to UTF8ToString: https://github.com/defold/extension-facebook/blob/master/facebook/lib/web/library_facebook.js

It would be great if you could make the change and submit a PR!

2 Likes

Thanks to @GreenArrow, there is now a new release for extension-facebook with support for the new Emscripten.

3 Likes

I’ll fix DefOS and FMOD this weekend. If you need it faster, feel free to submit PRs :smile:

6 Likes

I updated both DefOS and FMOD to work with 1.2.170. The FMOD update is a breaking change, so I marked the release on Github as a pre-release until 1.2.170 comes out. DefOS should still work with 1.2.169.

Oddly, with DefOS, I was already using UTF8ToString and the issue was what I can only describe as a compiler bug with EM_ASM.

5 Likes

I updated jstodef, not sure if there something else I need to update.

3 Likes

I can’t build AAB:

Failed building Android Application Bundle: /Users/agulev/Downloads/armv7-android/Solitaire: error: failed to open file: No such file or directory.
error: failed parsing overlays.

1 Like

Doh. I’ve tested the aab support quite extensively. Are you using the build-stage.defold.com build server? Can you try using bob.jar?

2 Likes

Yes, I’m sure I use right build server.
I have the same problem with bob.jar

Ok, I found what the problem is.
My project title in game.project is Solitaire Klondike but in the error message we see the following path:

/Users/agulev/Downloads/armv7-android/Solitaire

It seems like there should be \ to escape the space character or another way to solve the problem with the space character in file path.

UPD:
When I try to upload AAB to Play Store:

1 Like

Hmm, I thought the aab was supposed to be signed by Google using a key provided by you.

Or rather that the generated APK was signed by Google

I made PR with fixes for most of the issues I found.

The only issue I’m not sure how to fix.
Because of this:

They use a single space character as a separator.
But if we have a space in our game title then we have the wrong splitting.
I tried to escape the space character or add ' or " for a path, but aapt2 just ignore this.

1 Like