Defold 1.2.169 BETA

Sweet! Does " Fixed : The tilemap does not flip tiles when created" refer to this post? Tiled map editor export to Defold (SOLVED)

yes

4 Likes

Blimey, that was quick! Super useful fix.

Edit: Excitedly downloaded the beta and tested this, but the issue is still there for me. Is there a flag or something else needed for it to work?

Nice.

6 Likes

No. The change is that the engine now actually reads the “flip” data. This should make it behave the same as the editor. @britzl knows more

1 Like

I added more info to the thread to help figure this one out.

2 Likes

There is now a new beta build up (b08d710ae9ee041c532902cf49796810c09e86af) with the correct changes. Please try it again @d954mas / @totebo.

4 Likes

I can confirm it works. Beautiful! I consider this a major feature, it’s going to cut my tilemap textures in half. :partying_face:

5 Likes

Not originally mentioned in the beta release notes is this fix:

• 3712 - Fixed: Box2D crashes when setting a rotation with NaN (DEF-3177)
3 Likes

I’m getting this error with the GameKit native extension by animonger:

/gamekit/src/GameCenterDelegate.mm
	Line 433: cannot initialize a member subobject of type 'dmScript::LuaBufferOwnership' with an rvalue of type 'bool'
                        dmScript::LuaHBuffer luabuffer = { buffer, true };

This works properly with the stable version of Defold. Any pointer? I have 0 experience with native extensions :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, we added a new exciting feature to the beta, and it accidentally broke the api.
We should have a fix soon, after the CI has finished.

I also notice this issue when exporting, in my case it’s the Screenshot extension:

/screenshot/src/screenshot.cpp
	Line 151: cannot initialize a member subobject of type 'dmScript::LuaBufferOwnership' with an rvalue of type 'bool'
                        dmScript::LuaHBuffer luabuffer = { buffer, true };

Looks like these beta builds were a really good idea!

I like new exciting features :smiley:

2 Likes

A new beta build has (finally) been uploaded.
Please try it out and let us know if any problems arise!

3 Likes

This works now, thanks!

3 Likes

Me looking forward to the new exciting features:

11 Likes

One new feature deserved its own forum post ^^

6 Likes

With the latest beta, I’ve been experiencing a random issue.
Every now and then I cannot pull from github with the synchronize option in the menu. As soon as I click the Pull button, the dialog disappears and nothing happens.
Restarting Defold solves the issue, but unfortunately I cannot reproduce it consistently. It just happens sometimes.

We haven’t changed anything in the editor regarding the git client as far as I know.
You’re sure you haven’t seen it before in earlier versions?

What does the editor logs say?

1 Like

It started with 1.2.169. But very very random. I was a bit reluctant to post here for this reason.
Nothing in the editor logs.