Defold 1.2.166 BETA

Yes, that’s the latest beta.

Could you make a HTML5 build and upload it in a zip/ put it on itch.io?

This example works fine for me in 1.2.165, but in 1.2.166 I have the following issue:

1 Like

Just tested it on another Windows machine, downloaded fresh copy of 1.2.166 beta, tried the repro files and I still get the same errors. Also started a new project (Side scroller tutorial), followed the steps to change to webp, and yes same errors too. Everything works great on 1.2.165 though.

1 Like

Here are the files with the actual html5 output.
html5crash_withbuild.zip (3.9 MB)

Some interesting notes:

1. Tried from a local web host using the build files above, I still get the same errors, so I assume if I upload this to itch.io or anywhere else the errors will be reproducible.
  2. Tried Project/Bundle/HTML5 Application (instead of Project/Build HTML5), copied the new files hosted on local host and the same project will now run fine.

So perhaps the problem is in the output of Project/Build HTML5 only.

Links to the Issues in the Engine section of the first post are not working (404), @Mathias_Westerdahl (The same issue is in the previous announcement regarding releasing 1.2.165)

We have released a new beta which fixes the progress bar issue. Please give it a try and let us know that you have verified that it is working for you as well.

1 Like

Yeah, we know! We plan to make the main issue repository and product backlog available to you soon and in preparation for this we’ve started sharing links that will work once we can share the issue repo with you. This will also mean that we will merge the main issue repo with the editor2-issues repository to get a single repository of issues covering both the engine and editor.

4 Likes

Ok, that’s great! So, waiting for a notification about it :wink:

I can confirm that the issue is fixed now, tested with diff projects. Thanks!

1 Like

:+1: