Defold 1.2.165 has been released

You are on windows, right?
No 0 doesn’t seem right.
@britzl might know more, but we’ll take a look!

Hmm. We’re looking into it!

2020-02-04 22:12:27.127 7362 [Timer-0] INFO editor.updater - {:line 283, :message “Checking for updates”, :url “https://d.defold.com/editor2/channels/editor-alpha/update-v3.json”}
2020-02-04 22:12:27.435 7670 [Timer-0] INFO editor.updater - {:line 290, :message “No update found”}

This is probably because “update-v3.json” contains the same Editor SHA1 string as in the about dialog.

1 Like

Exactly, we’re fixing this now.

1 Like

Hmm, should we see the change? For now, the SHA1 string is still the same.

We’re still on it!
We’ll post when we’re done (hopefully within an hour)

Ok, thanks!

Where/how can I do that? I am curious to see the before/after and verify that I’ve got everything set up right. I’ve been through some of the render documentation and experimented a bit but I can’t get it working. It’s still witchcraft to me!

I noticed same issue with window.get_size() as @GreenArrow

in init function of main collection, in update already proper values.

version:

Yeah, we’ll look into this issue now that we’ve hopefully resolved the issues with the actual release.
Any fix will have to wait for the next release (1.2.166)

The release issues we’ve had should be fixed now and everything appears to be working. If you find any issues related to editor updates etc please post them here!

3 Likes

Can i see the hull for Sprite trimming? I am not sure how many vertices i should select=)

Create a custom fragment shader, then add (0.1,0.1,0.1,0.1) to the output color.

1 Like

Ok.Thanks. What about in editor?)

In editor, you don’t need to create a separate shader, you can modify the builtin shader directly.

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Problem building with extensions in 1.2.165 - Resource cannot be null

9 posts were split to a new topic: Problems building project with native extension in 1.2.165

Oh, now I got it. Thought that you’ve talked about rectangular crop area when answered my post a while ago. =) Any details on when texture size reduction will be released? 1.2.166?

1 Like

Why are the vertices counts like 4,5,6,7,8? Why not 4,8,16,32,64? 8 as max seems low.

With testing a shape like in the red I am seeing a hull shape like in the grey:

But I would hope for a shape closer to this:

Currently, the hull algorithm is a bit simplified (for speed reasons I assume), which yields your current result. We will improve upon it later on, to generate a tighter fit.

The limit on number of vertices is mainly because after 8 vertices, the save becomes negligible. (this assumes we have the improved hull generation above).
See this post by Emil Persson: New particle trimming tool

Also, related, in the future (part 3 of the sprite trimming epic), we will add support for arbitrary polygons in some file format. E.g. from tools like TexturePacker.

2 Likes