Defold 1.2.165 BETA

The dependencies should be listed in the official AdMob documentation:

The example on that page shows this:

dependencies {
    implementation fileTree(dir: 'libs', include: ['*.jar'])
    implementation 'androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.0.2'
    implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:18.3.0'
}

And I believe that what you need is only the com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads dependency in the build.gradle file for the AdMob extension. Ignore the other two lines.

dependencies {
    implementation 'com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads:18.3.0'
}

Version 18.3.0 does however use AndroidX and that could cause a conflict with other extensions (maybe). In that case you can try an older version of com.google.android.gms:play-services-ads. Available versions can be seen here for instance:

https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/com.google.android.gms/play-services-ads

2 Likes

My apologize for the following maybe stupid question. I am using 1.2.164 and the editor show me ā€œUpdate Availableā€. Is this 1.2.165 or just the Beta? I have never downloaded a Beta and I would prefer not.

Thanks!

1 Like

In your ā€œAboutā€ dialog, you should see channel: editor-alpha which is the up-to-date editor changes, together with the latest engine release (1.2.164).

Clicking the Update button will give you the next release in that channel.
You can check the about dialog afterwards to confirm.

I am sorry, but probably I am missing something. With ā€œUpdate Buttonā€ do you mean the text ā€œUpdate Availableā€ in the right bottom corner of the editor?

(Just to confirm: I read ā€œeditor-alphaā€ and ā€œ1.2.164ā€ as engine release)

On Windows this setting is shared :smiling_imp: by all version of Defold Editor

Iā€™ve changed it in 1.2.165 beta, but it appears also in 1.2.164

:sweat_smile:

Yeah, but it seems that even with build-stage, building with NEs on 1.2.164 will work correctly, so unless it causes issues, Iā€™ll leave it like that.

@mats.gisselson pushed an editor fix yesterday and that fix should go straight to production. This is probably why you have an update.

3 Likes

@britzl thank you! yes, update taken and the engine is still 1.2.164.

1 Like

40e9ca1299d22eed12bb0148ed117f418162cb19

Released a new beta right now with a fix for this issue where the android resources in the project.bundle_resources werenā€™t used.

Also, even failed builds now output a log.txtfile from the extender server, in the <project folder>/build/<platform>/log.txt

3 Likes

Now works great! :+1:

1 Like

The planned release of 1.2.165 has run into an Apple Notarization issue (https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=12232019a). We are working to resolve the problem and hope to release tomorrow instead.

3 Likes