Defold 1.2.158 has been released

Thank you for fixing the bundling issue! I can finally release my game :smile:

4 Likes

I just installed this update and now whenever I try to open Defold it gives me and error message. Please help

What does error message say?

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:clojure/data/json$fn__9557$fn__9558

I don’t know if this is related to the new release, but I cannot make a build in HTML5 today. When the build application says “Proceed to select output folder” I don’t get a file selection window.
And then when I break the build application off, all menus are grayed out and Defold won’t close and I have to force stop it.

I’m working on a Macbook pro. with with macOS Catalina version 10.15 beta.

I’m rather new to Defold, so this could be me doing something wrong.

2 Likes

@vlaaad did we change the bundle dialog?

1 Like

We haven’t done any changes to bundle dialog, and I can build html5 projects… Can you check if logs contain any errors? (Help → Show Logs)

1 Like

editor2.2019-07-18.txt (186.7 KB)

I’m not sure what to look for. here’s my log.
I tried to make a build just 20 min ago.

Unfortunately, can’t see anything suspicious in the logs. Does it happen on every project, or only on some projects?

Actually I can’t build any of the bundles and it happens in any project.

I can build and run and build HTML directly on my system, just not to any bundle.

I don’t get a fileselector and then when I press Create bundle… then Defold hangs.

If it happens all the time, I suspect that Catalina beta may cause this problem. Every mac OS version comes with new java problems. It is better not to update it for a year.

1 Like

This is JDK issue in macOS 10.15 beta
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8227836

We will check what we can do with that.

At the moment workaround is using of the bob.jar for bundling on macOS 10.15 beta.

UPD: The issue for a future tracking https://github.com/defold/editor2-issues/issues/2688

3 Likes

Might very well be the beta. thanks for the advice and for the heads-up.
I’ll consider going back to Mojave, if things get worse, but for now I prefer to find workarounds and stay ahead with projects in swift UI.

1 Like

@t.ybema
Could you try adding Defold.app to this list in “System Preferences” -> “Security & Privacy”?

This was a workaround for Mojave before we updated JavaFX, but maybe it’s something similar again? Just a wild guess.

will do, thanks

1 Like

Thanks, but didn’t work for me.

Note: the issue is not in JavaFX, it’s in Java, so we’ll have to update used JDK version once they’ll release the fix.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips guys. I’m glad there is a workaround.
Now I’ll start to get friendly with Bob. :wink:

5 Likes