Defold 1.2.122 has been released

Defold 1.2.122

In this release we have added a new vector math function vmath.mul_per_elem() which allows you to multiply two vectors elementwise.
We’ve also fixed an issue on Android when a silent (but playing) audio would steal back audio focus from other apps playing music.

Engine

• DEF-3135 - Added: Added vmath.mul_per_elem() for element wise multiplication between vectors.
  • DEF-3130 - Fixed: Fixed issue when silent sounds stole audio focus from other apps.
  • DEF-3136 - Fixed: Crash fix when using nil as target url for label.set_text().
  • DEF-3127 - Fixed: Added support for “-fpermissive” for our GCC based platforms (Android and Linux).

Work in progress

Apart from the current release, we also have some longer tasks. We are currently:

• improving the Live Update feature set with the ability to upload a new manifest and data to a released game.
  • adding better profiling of the resource usage at runtime. A first MVP should land in the next release
  • adding a way to synchronously query the physics world for collision contact info. This can be used for spawning, or implementation a custom time-of-impact detection. It can be very beneficial for kinematic objects.

pinned globally #2

This will be nice. Depending on how it’s done, it could make it much easier to deal with “clicks on game objects”.

Yes, I’m struggling right now over a collision"bug" that I just cannot overcome without uglyhacking

Does this mean that ray casts will return the result immediately?

This is the most desired feature for me! It is very important for the online activities, hope it can be done soon. :star_struck:

@dmitriy No. Not in this first update at least. But for consistency, we’ve discussed adding it though.

Sync ray casts would help a lot with input picking, as you’re supposed to act synchroneously in on_input and return true if you consumed the event.

is Defold 2 the de facto defold editor yet?

I am unable to delete the text in the Certificate and Private Key fields here. Therefore, I cannot sign APK with auto-generated debug certificate.

Oh, hmm, I tried in Editor 1 now and noticed that I can’t do it either. I wonder if that has ever worked?

Yes, I’d say so. Unless you have a very good reason to stick with Editor 1 then I’d really like to encourage you to switch to the new one.

Hi, Do you have any news about this feature?
Would be great to have a possibility to receive an immediate result of ray_cast() (for example I need to find a free place in dynamic physic world for instantiate new object there)

Well, iirc, we stopped that feature due to it not really being possible to do properly in both 2D and 3D. This was for shapes though.
What we’re “planning” insstead is just that, a synchronous ray cast. As for an ETA, we don’t have one :confused: