Defold 1.2.120 has been released

Defold 1.2.120

This release adds MultiDex support for Android native extensions. We have also added an option to “pre-warm” ParticleFX emitters with a start offset. The label namespace has also been extended with a function to get text metrics just as gui.get_text_metrics in GUI scripts.

Multi-dex support

In those cases where your app needs .jar files that contain more than 65536 functions, you can now add them to your app. No changes are needed from a developer perspective. Note that older phones (< Android 5) might have trouble loading too many symbols, so you could get an error about “linearAlloc”. The error might not occur at startup, but at runtime when you access the jar file for the first time. This is an Android issue, and the recommended solution is to strip the unneeded symbols from your jar files.

Engine

• DEF-2888 - Added: Android MultiDex support for NE.
  • DEF-2373 - Added: Option to pre-warm ParticleFX emitters.
  • DEF-3087 - Added: label.get_text_metrics function for label component.
  • DEF-3086 - Fixed: Memory leak when loading two collectionproxies async that shared resources.
  • DEF-3098 - Fixed: Reenabled render.draw_line and render.draw_text for release builds.
  • DEF-2434 - Fixed: Bug when stopping one ParticleFX component would stop any other PFX on same GO.
  • DEF-3049 - Fixed: LiveUpdate resources could sometimes be invalidated when upgrading an Android app.
  • DEF-3027 - Fixed: LiveUpdate resource header verification.
  • DEF-3062 - Fixed: Bug where Spine rotations did not behave as expected.
  • DEF-3099 - Fixed: Childed GOs to model and Spine bones were delayed one frame.
  • DEF-3091 - Fixed: Added a build error check for Collada files with more than one root bone.
  • DEF-3093 - Fixed: Better error message when bundling and no iOS provisioning profile was specified (Bob.jar).
  • DEF-3073 - Fixed: Added rdynamic and "-Wl,option" support for platforms that support it on NE.
  • DEF-3076 - Fixed: dmBuffer::GetStream doesn’t crash on null arguments anymore.
  • DEF-2540 - Fixed: Performance issue when muting all sounds. (This also fixes the fast forward issue.)
  • DEF-3071 - Fixed: Optimized render update to sort less during each draw call.
  • DEF-3059 - Fixed: User can now set break points in the user render script (and not the builtin one).
  • DEF-3090 - Fixed: Fixed components that previously sent wrong world matrix to shaders. (Spine, Model and ParticleFX).
19 Likes

A++++! :smiley:

8 Likes

Is it issue for this How to unload texture?(SOLVED) ? Looks like it fixed, and i can play more then few minutes.Thanks :grinning:

5 Likes

Thanks!

btw, are there something new with on_input action.x, action.y values in this update? looks like when I scale the game in run-time, need to consider updated window size?

2 Likes

No, I don’t recall us doing any changes to the input afaik.

Just updated and:

then suddenly:

Hmm, the latest engine sha1 is c70ad190898e790f8284e8dab0e31c9090476be9, so you shouldn’t be affected by it yet (we’ll update editor 2 tomorrow). Not sure what could be causing this, maybe @Johan_Beck-Noren or @Erik_Angelin knows more?

1 Like

great, waiting for 120!

1 Like

This issue should hopefully be resolved by 1.2.120, if you still encounter it ping me and I can have a look.

1 Like

Hi @Ivan_Lytkin! We’ve updated the editor now, could you please try again and report back?

3 Likes

Pre-warm ParticleFX :tada: :smiley:

6 Likes

Working! Thanks!

7 Likes