Dark Heroes

Greetings respected defolders!
I would like to tell you about my Dark Heroes project in order to keep it in the annals of history.

Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dark.heroes
App Store: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/dark-heroes-fantasy-afk-rpg/id1590357817

Dark Heroes is an AFK battler with an attempt to reach the production quality of the AFK Arena.
It was created entirely on Defold.
Development has been underway for two years.
Unfortunately, in the autumn of 2021 a very large deal to sell this project was cancelled. The project has since been frozen and is likely to be shut down after some time.

Fun facts:

• half of the Legends of Eisenwald team and two programmers from Family Island worked on this project.
  • at the end of the project, we worked for almost half a year without pay, waiting for the deal (which was cancelled) to close.
  • it was my first project as a producer role and I will definitely continue in the same vein.
20 Likes

The game looks gorgeous! Is there no chance to find another buyer?

4 Likes

It’s a very good game already! :heart_eyes:
There is a bug when a trail after a sword slash of Gilbert is still displayed after it was performed (and is attached to the sword, like some child item) when the last enemy is out and the victory screen appears. Also I would add some input feedback in Quests tab on green buttons completing the tasks - for now it feels flat, yet should be more “game-y” and: :tada:
The story is very interesting! :wink:

Were you using Spine, Rive or something else for the animations? :wink:
They looks perfect and kind of reminds me of Gwent / Thronebreaker :heart:

3 Likes

@Pkeod we talked to so many interested foundations and organisations, but in the end no one was willing. And then the war broke out, which put a stop to further searches.

@Pawel yes, we used Spine, the old 3.6.53 version. Unfortunately, this version had bugs that we couldn’t fix in any way.

4 Likes

If you own the assets I suggest adapting it to a stand alone offline game you can release on Steam. Or even something like a traditional board game.

1 Like

Alas, we don’t own the assets, but I’ll give something a try indeed. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Looks cool :slight_smile:

I really wanted to give it a try, but the the link to the App Store doesn’t work (I’m in France, perhaps it’s not available here? Or no longer available -at all- on the App Store?).

Looks like you have 50k+ download on Google Play (but no ratings so I’m a bit confused here): was the game soft launched before being canceled? (if you don’t mind me asking)

1 Like

Yes, indeed, our co-founder has made the iOS app inactive worldwide, so it is now impossible to download it onto iPhones.
Yes, the game was on soft-launch for almost a year before the project was shut down.

2 Likes

already shared on my twitter! great!

2 Likes