Conflicting output resource error (SOLVED)

I’m suddenly having issues publishing a Facebook Instant HTML5 game:

/custom_resources/svg/hills10.svg
	Conflicting output resource 'build/default/custom_resources/svg/hills10.svg‘ generated by the following input files: [custom_resources/svg/hills10.svg, custom_resources/svg/.DS_Store, custom_resources/svg/hills9.svg, custom_resources/svg/hills8.svg, custom_resources/svg/hills5.svg, custom_resources/svg/hills4.svg, custom_resources/svg/hills6.svg, custom_resources/svg/hills3.svg, custom_resources/svg/hills2.svg, custom_resources/.DS_Store, custom_resources/txt/share.txt, custom_resources/csv/.DS_Store, custom_resources/csv/Progression - export.csv] <-> [custom_resources/svg/hills10.svg, custom_resources/svg/.DS_Store, custom_resources/svg/hills9.svg, custom_resources/svg/hills8.svg, custom_resources/svg/hills5.svg, custom_resources/svg/hills4.svg, custom_resources/svg/hills6.svg, custom_resources/svg/hills3.svg, custom_resources/svg/hills2.svg, custom_resources/.DS_Store, custom_resources/txt/share.txt, custom_resources/csv/.DS_Store, custom_resources/csv/Progression - export.csv]

The file structure hasn’t changed:

When publishing a directory called “build” is added to the root directory:

Removing the folder doesn’t work, because it’s just created again on export.

What’s going on here then?

We haven’t change anything regarding custom resources recently afaik.

What does your game.project say? (i.e. the project.custom_resources property)

(strange formatting explained here)

The reason the build step complains is that two tasks have the same output.
However, it seems that the same inputs are registered twice?!
Not sure how that happened. Could it be something with the folder structure?
Does the file svg/hills10.svg exist more than once?

So, what happened between when it worked and when it stopped working?

Nope, only after the failed export inside “build”.

I went on holiday for two weeks without touching it! I pushed a build, went on holiday, tried to push a new build with minor changes. Am I cursed?

Will try to revert to the previous build and try again, to see if it’s my code or something else.

This worked, so I started looking for what changes might have caused the issue. Turns out it’s a Very Strange Change Indeed ™ that caused it; I had accidentally made a copy of game.project inside of a subfolder. Once this offensive clone was removed, exporting started working again!

3 Likes

Thanks, that way we can hopefully reproduce the issue

2 Likes

Thanks. Your post help me)
Custom resources not worked when project have multiple *.project files.

I use multiple files for building different versions with bob(release,dev,test).
Renaming *.project to *.project_settings helped me.

2 Likes