Cold Path - turn-based multiplayer strategy

Thank you for another great post!

There’s an issue for it here: https://github.com/defold/defold/issues/4653

3 Likes

Hello!
Today the game is released in Google Play
I will be very happy if some of you download or even play multiplayer with me :slight_smile:
The multiplayer is made by an internal purchase with server-side verification, so in order to play it, you need to use one of the promotional codes

Promo codes

2HX27GA54NBHMETZYALZPE6
01SW2T33LCFXXK7NMQQ3A0B
EGXTK5QSMPEDS71742GS502
ST7H0UL0VD72BJVWW6LYBU0
0DXRG938C6HBN5EZFVFJQQV
PMEP7RBF5D94TP40APH3UXW
J2WDH0HLY96YAVL0SKYXH7V
FDFF5W5Z52RGF76ZAT9Y30N
GRVNUMXW8JE4HLA9FBQZ00P
JQML4YV4W52WWYPYS3BAA9R

Link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.DenisMakhortov.ColdPath
Updated screenshots in the first post

6 Likes

Congrats @Denis_Makhortov !!! wish you the best . I could understand where i must put the promo, I press at join to connect direct at official 2 and show me chile but not sure if I was playing. thanks

Thanks!

if the map is loaded, then you are in game

If you want to play multiplayer, then feel free to write. I will set a map of Europe and the Modern World scenario, Greece is available there :slight_smile:

1 Like

how many can be inside? or will be you and me? thanks , also the box pop out and say what is new a bit stuck didnt know how close. thanks

Hello! I have developed a Map Editor for this game. This is very cool, now players can create their own maps and load them into the game!
I created it in January, and now I remembered that it would be cool to share some information about creating, because I believe that the code used in it for loading textures may be useful to someone.

All work with images is based on DrawPixels module, in which I added the code needed for the Map Editor.

About map creating

1. User prepares some image
  2. User can modify map image. I only recommend doing this for small changes. Functionality of image editor is small and inconvenient
  3. When the user clicks on the “Autogenerate” button, the algorithm automatically colors the map so that each province has a unique color

4. User clicks “Export”, editor creates map files
more about what happens when the export button is pressed
  1. The image is blurred. Blur is needed for the effect of distance fields
  2. The minimum possible texture size is selected for each province. The province image data is adjusted to the texture size and saved
  3. Data of each province is saved for click tracking using this module
  4. Information about each province is generated (size, position and information about whether it is water)
  5. Data is generated about which provinces are neighboring (so that player can move from one to another)
  6. A scenario is created for this map. It can be opened in the Scenario Editor to make cool scenario

About loading in game

1. There is several atlases with prepared textures. The sizes of the images in them are different, because the game can have provinces of very different sizes

2. When loading a map, this data is loaded: province texture, click tracking data, center offset (user can customize province center in map editor), province data
  3. How textures are set:

Loaded custom map in game:

The map editor is currently unfinished and not beautiful, but it is fully working.
I also added the ability to convert maps to in-game format. One fully working map has already been created in the map editor and moved to the game client.

Map Editor sources: https://github.com/JAlHund/cold-path-map-editor
Map Editor guide: https://denismakhortovdev.gitbook.io/cold-path/guides/map-editor

8 Likes

Hey can you tell me how to mine uranium

You need to upgrade your mine to level 5

227 / 5.000

Hi, I’m using google translator so sorry for any mistakes. I really love this game, I’ve been playing it since the middle of last year (2021) and so I would like to ask, have you ever thought about releasing it on a PC platform?

2 Likes

So I’m in America and the majority of people playing this game are russian. Could someone tell me a workaround so I can play with English players?

Currently there are no english servers. But now you can create your own.

Cold Path Server Sources are opened

Cold Path players can now create and set up a global server. The game server is highly customizable. There are already servers with modified gameplay (RP servers where wars for no reason are prohibited and you need to play the role of the ruler of your country by writing messages in the chat and Empire of 12 paths with new game features written using plugins)

The server is the core of the game. Here are all the main scripts for processing game actions and logic. Also there is networking here. The game server has been tested and online in the game is stable. Server is written in pure Lua.

I think this will be a useful example for other developers. License is MIT, you can use the source code to write your own project. I hope this helps you create your cool game.

Server sources: https://github.com/jalhund/cold-path-server
Guide: Global servers - Cold Path

4 Likes

Just interesting screenshots and videos from the game community

4 Likes

Thanks for the help denis

How do i use boats?

Denis, just wanted to say congratulations for creating something which has brightened the lives of so many people. It’s a fantastic game

2 Likes

You need to build port

Thank you!
I still love the turn-based strategy genre and am working on a new Warnament game
Warnament will be much better than Cold Path.
And yes, it’s Defold engine!

Screenshots

The maps and scenarios in the screenshot are both official and from the community. Yes, there is a map editor, and all maps are loaded dynamically

8 Likes

Are you going to add a hundreds year war, map or no?

Maybe even some napoleonic wars?

Sorry, there will be no major updates for Cold Path. I am working on Warnament project. I have not enough free time to work on other games.
There is Scenario Editor for Cold Path, you can create scenarios yourself. It’s even possible to create custom map (see Cold Path Map Editor) and create scenario of any year for created map

4 Likes