Christmas Eve In Metropolis [18+]

Ok, here is the probably the craziest game made with defold so far :slight_smile:

Rules: collect 10 hidden objects, drag them to characters who need them most, have fun!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

6 Likes

Woopsie! You’ve got a skilled illustrator with a dirty dirty mind on your hands there!

3 Likes

First day analytics… hmmm.
Dashboard confirms 3547 installs

Itch.io, 6000:

Google (thanks to @britzl library) 8000, but it’s ok as the game is also published on newgrounds and gamejolt:

Screen views:

Well, one screen registers at the very start and another at the final page. But I am a bit confused, does it mean only 4167 out of 8264 could play the game? Or even 3547?

Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: Ok. I think I got it, ga code on HTML page (e.g. Itch.io) and inside the game doubles the number of sessions. So numbers look more correct now.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing stats! And thank you for using defold-googleanalytics!

Actually, I think it saved my ass :slight_smile:
Looking into analytics I noticed only 15 % of people completed game, and it’s strange as the game is pretty simple and average session of 19 mins is OK.

So after some more researching - it looks like people collect items but don’t understand they need to drag them back to other characters. They just don’t read instructions… obvious thing. So the game is updated now, and it gives player who collect 10 items without using a single one a tip what to do next. Let’s see if statistics will go up tomorrow.

3 Likes