Chip Sounds - Retro Sound Effects

Can be used as a library or downloaded. I’ll be adding sounds to it over time. There’s an HTML5 demo on the project page so you can listen to the sound list there.

4 Likes

chip-sounds are nice.

I wish Defold could load soundtrackers modules (.mod, .xm, .it, .s3m …).

There are a lot of libraries which can do that , as mikmod , modplug which is use for the very good ModPlug Tracker , or xmpp.

I think the best would be to implement the replay-routine with Lua, for portability.

There are a lot of re-implementations in javascript (for exemple, see mod.overload , but phaser implements this too (at least a protracker replay).
So doing this with Lua should not be impossible, a guy from Love2D already tried this, but i don’t know if he has succeeded.

The only issue i can see doing this with Defold is i don’t know if you can interrupts it on a regular and frequent basis for playing and mixing samples. May be with OpenAL extension.

Thank you for reading.

4 Likes

It’s possibly doable with native extensions now.

1 Like

I’m working on an extension wrapping Sfxr and using OpenAL for playback. Hopefully releasing it in a few days. It could be a good complement to your curated collection of sound effects.

4 Likes