Cat's Day - A short interactive story

I want to share the progress of our humble project. This is an interactive story about the cat who tries to reconcile his quarreling owners. This is a hobby project that we do as a small team in our spare time: me, the writer, and the artist.

Due to the fact that the game is being worked on in a comfortable lazy mode, it is too slow. But nevertheless, we want to release a public demo in December. If it goes beyond the demo, I think there will be the English translation as well :slight_smile:.

For now, it’s like this:

I made a sort of adaptive layout by using node modes and the safe_area extension:

ezgif.com-gif-maker

Debugging Ink environment variables is very necessary in these kinds of games for the writer:

The scenario looks like this:

The libraries we use are monarch, druid, safe_area and defos.
Also we use Ink to write the scenario and narrator to play it.

19 Likes

Looking very good! Based on text, I suppose there will be decisions?

bite_dima :laughing:

1 Like

Yes, to make decisions the player moves the card in the tender (reigns?) style, with the only difference being that it is possible to choose from more than two options (3-4-5+?!).

The plot and the ending depend on the decisions made, and the avatars reflect the current respect level of the owners to the cat :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

In the future I’ll try Rive, but right now breathing is the scale and position animations of certain parts of the face.

6 Likes

Looks cool! Congratulations! If you will have English version I want to try it! Are you going to share with ads or a paid game?

1 Like

The demo version, of course, will be free. The full version - I do not know yet, but it is quite possible it will remain a non-commercial project, just a showcase item.

Our current goal is to gain experience, establish a process, and set the stage for further, more solid games as products.

3 Likes