Can't type in editor after alt+tab

Tjena guys,

Let me start by saying that I just “discovered” Defold today and I’m very exited to learn it. I actually have a small game maybe one week away from release, but I’m considering re-writing the whole thing here :slight_smile:

Alright, the bug… I’ve been trying to do a couple of tutorials and being on a laptop, it means a lot of alt+tabs back and forth. I noticed that if I have the auto complete popup showing, i.e if I write vmath. and the suggestions pop up, if I alt+tab out and then back in to the editor, I cannot write. I will have to alt+tab out and back in again for it to work.

I’m on Windows 10 64-bit using Editor 2 64-bit.

Edit: Another thing on the same topic, pressing alt+tab often puts the focus on the File menu so after coming back to the editor the focus is still on the menu and I have to press alt key a couple of times to get the focus back to the editor again.

If I press alt and then right-key to move the focus from File menu to Edit menu, if I then press alt again, it will not return the focus back to the editor, it will focus the File menu.

Best regards,
Saeed Prez

5 Likes

I felt the same way about Defold when I started using it about a year ago… I would much rather port other projects to it and finish / maintain them with Defold!

You should report issues here so that the editor team can have more visibility of them https://github.com/defold/editor2-issues/issues

I went ahead and created issues for this here

5 Likes