Can't create map

I’m new to Defold (but not new to game programming), and decided to start from tutorial War battles, which I downloaded from GithHb. Created empty project, loaded tilesheet, created tile source file, properly set properties and the tilesheet appeared in the editor window. Then created new tile map, in the properties added tile source file “/main/tiles.tilesource”, added new layer to tilemap and selected the layer and that’s all - empty editor window. In the tutorial there is
6. Select Edit ->Select Tile … This brings up the tile palette, but in my case there’s no such a menu with Edit. So what I’m doing wrong?
p.s. It was done yesterday, this morning when I started Defold and opened my “war battles” project, I had to renew properties in the tilesource and tilemap files, because there were not references to according files.
Thanks in advance.

Can you upload a screenshot with the tilemap open in the editor and showing the Edit menu?

There are two files

The tilesource contains the images for your map with information about image width, height and so forth. It should reference which image file to use.

The tilemap is the actual map where you paint the tiles. It should reference what tilesource to use.

If you select “layer1” in your tilemap and open the “Edit” menu. What do you see?

1 Like

Wow, I’m so stupid… I didn’t look at the top left corner where Edit menu is located
Thanks!

1 Like

Btw, is it possible to load and use maps created in Tiled Map Editor in Defold?

I think so, haven’t tried it myself: