Can I use my own server instead of using King's?

Hi,

Can I tweak the code of Defold and redirect all game traffic to my own server instead of using default server?

What do you mean by game traffic?

I mean all the server activity of game. For example, any multiplayer online game would have login, authentication, sending user profile from database to the user, push notifications, the moves of the players.

Imagine a game like Zynga Poker, so all the activity of users that goes to server and user fetches from server, I am calling that game traffic.

None of that activity is in any way hosted on Defold’s servers. You can (and must) refer to your own server or a third party one (eg Playfab).

2 Likes

If you read the 5th question in FAQ section, Why do I have to store my games on Defold’s servers?

The answer says, team is working on supporting other storage provider, so is it not completed yet?

1 Like

You are confusing where the source code is stored with where the game is sending data when running. We currently host the source code on our own Git server but this will change and there is already a workaround. Where you let your game connect to exchange data with a backend system is entirely up to you. King does not provide any backend services for achievements, leaderboards or anything like that.

3 Likes