Build Html5 opens an empty page (EDITOR2) (SOLVED)

Hi,
I’m trying to build the Magic Link game using “Build HTML5”, but my browser (Chrome) opens an empty page.
I’m new in using Defold, could you help me?
Thanks!

1 Like

Yes, we just confirmed that this is a bug.

Thanks for the report!

2 Likes
2 Likes

EDIT2: This has been fixed in the latest version. The app will ask you to upgrade.

EDIT: Microsoft’s app-signing service seems to be unavailable at the moment, which delays the new version.

Working on a fix now, should be available within 1-2 hours. Sloppy of us to let this go undetected for so long, sorry about that.

6 Likes

This seems to be happening again.

I have just installed Editor 2 on a fresh machine. Browser is Chrome and it opens in a blank page.

Any idea why?

1 Like

No idea atm, reopened the issue and will have a look this sprint.

Thanks.

I though it was because of Chrome, that normally doesn’t accept files without a flag, but even with Safari or Firefox as default browser it doesn’t seem to work.

…aaaand of course now it works. No idea why to be honest.

1 Like

Great! But slightly worrying. Let us know if it happens again!

Did some digging:

it happens with Chrome as default browser if the browser is open before Defold. With Firefox or Safari it works fine. I have to always close Chrome before opening Editor 2 to make it work.

1 Like

I was not able to reproduce when having opened chrome before Defold and then ‘Build HTML5’. The game loaded fine. Can you please confirm if it still happens?

If only happened to me one other time but is very random and i can’t find a pattern to it. When it happens I close Chrome and reopen it and that works.

Alright, I’ll close the github issue then. Please keep us updated in case it starts happening more frequently or just becomes more annoying.