Bouncer Story - action RPG

We just released version 1.0.8 of Bouncer Story for Android and iOS which included quite many fixes for bugs and grammar mistakes mentioned in here. Thank you for all your comments, the game is once again a bit better :slight_smile:

What’s new:

• Inspector dialog not shown if there are no errors (always shown on first time)
  • Fixed bug in random events with full stats
  • Fixed mafia job bug with 0 energy
  • Fast forward button shown in overtime if bar is not closed
  • Added money bonus animation for bar level up
  • Home screen shows current day (credit for pointing this out goes to my wife :heart: )
  • Diego always shows drunken bubbles
  • Fixed graphics at map
  • Fixed grammar in many conversations and news.
6 Likes

Meet Luca, one of the main characters in Bouncer Story.

Name: Luca Accarda
Role: Bruiser

Luca is working for the mafia with a main duty of collecting protection money and debts from people. In Bouncer Story, you have a 10k debt to mafia, so you will be seeing Luca a lot.

As the story progress you have a possibility to complete small mafia jobs together with Luca. If you succeed in the jobs, bigger mafia opportunities will become available as well with better payouts.

Are you ready to make a proper mafia career in Bouncer Story?

5 Likes

Got a few more notes for you:

• The St. Patrick’s Day newspaper feels like it’s way too explicit with the “Irish Bar is gonna be packed” angle. I think just mentioning the celebration would be better. The players will make the connection and it feels better to understand the hint than to be outright told which bar to choose this week.
  • A lot of the choices in the game don’t impact the game. Mel D takes part in the karaoke competition even if she’s not let into the karaoke bar, you apparently plant the recorder even if you tell the detective to piss off etc.
  • It’s way too easy to agree to pressure Luca by accident. I didn’t want to agree to anything, but I chose one option I assumed is going to let me not do anything and I was hooked into helping the police. Then I did nothing to help them, but the mafia still killed me.
  • I once had the same person on the list of banned people twice in the Last Nightlife.
  • There’s an effect that shows on people when you tap then even before you upgrade your intelligence-
  • The achievement for completing hard doesn’t seem to trigger.
  • The newspaper description of the disco is at odds with the in-game description (I think the descriptions mistakenly says that it’s packed on Wednesdays)
  • In the newspaper with the title “Crime rates unacceptable” - the word “unacceptable” repeated too soon, “stop the unwanted progress” is an awkward formulation.
  • Newspaper titled “Mafia winning the fight” has multiple issues including at least one grammar error, but I didn’t take precise notes.
  • I feel like there should be an achievement for paying off the debt without having Luca visit you to get the next payment.
  • Every person going to the queue gets the beer icon, even if it makes no sense, for example the detective.
  • Someone once started a fight with my unconscious body, but it was funny, so probably keep that in.
3 Likes

St. Patrick’s day:
-Good to get feedback this way about this as well. We have got both way’s feedback about not noticing events (did not read the news…) and have been also thinking if we should add some graphical hints on the map as well.

A lot of choices you make in the game might not affect the game right away but later on. For example pressuring Luca -> this whole pressuring Luca -event will only happen if you have helped detective earlier in the game. And if you agree on pressuring Luca, there are 3 different outcomes you might end up with. If the mafia killed you, it means you did not pressure Luca at all or you did not pressure him enough. Pressure Luca more and he gets arrested or pressure him even more and he panics and vanishes underground. All these outcomes opens up different possible endings.

Banned persons
Having same person twice in the banned persons list is pretty much same as winning in lottery as most of the banner persons are generated by random :smiley:

Effect on tapping people
I’m not sure I got you right on this, but yeah there is a small graphical effect shown on pedestrians with the lowest intelligence, but it does not have any affect. Is it a bothering animation?

Hard achievement
Hmm, I’ll have to double check that.

Disco description
That is true! Will be fixed in next update.

Crime rates unacceptable & Mafia is winning the fight
Thanks for the comments. will be improved in next update.

Achievement
Yeah, that sounds like a neat achievement to add! I’ll add that to our backlog.

Beer icon
We already made a fix that should have removed the beer icon from special characters like detective, but seems like there are still some cases where it appears. Have to take a look on that as well…

Thanks for all the comments! I really appreciate getting feedback on our game.

5 Likes

Bouncer Story is coming to PC! Free demo is already available on Steam and full release is going to be available on Windows and Mac on early November:
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1395900/Bouncer_Story/

6 Likes

Cool! Good luck with the PC release!

2 Likes

Have it on mobile, but wishlisted anyway! :grin:

1 Like