Bob.jar build seem to not let me load collections anymore

Using the latest bob.jar found on d.defold.com (stable)
When running app from editor loading of a collection proxy (async) works fine.
When bundling from editor and installing with ios-deploy it works fine as well.
building, bundling with bob.jar and then install with ios-deploy seems to work fine (starts and everything) but halts when loading collectionproxy. Is bob not updated latest cool live features?
(Oh and I cannot use vector4 with bob. it still gets mad about it)

/A

1 Like

This sounds really strange. We have multiple teams using the latest version of Defold and they all build their binaries using bob. Can this issue be isolated down to a minimal example?

1 Like

I was unable to repro this locally using bob.jar from 1.2.99. As Björn said if the problem persists a small example project would be of great help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, so I see now that it reverted to an older version of bob.jar due to the newest also threw errors so now I have this other dilemma that we touched on in another thread:
If not using newest bob.jar I will have problems with collectionproxies. Not an option.
If using newest bob.jar it will throw the following error:

javax.vecmath.Vector3d.getX()D

This error I magically through a line of code from you britzl could avoid by typing:
java -Djava.ext.dirs= -jar bob.jar -archive clean build

Now this doesnt work anymore as I’m getting this error:
ERROR game.project:0 Unable to create ManifestFile, hashing algorithm is not supported!

Trying to figure our how to be able to use newest bob.jar without getting the 2 last errors… Still havent found a solution.

The vecmath thing is a Java version issue of some kind. Which JDK do you have in your path and JAVA_HOME?

@andreas.strangequest maybe swing by the office with your laptop if possible and we’ll try to sort it out? Sounds really strange.

2 Likes

Hello!

The problem (hashing algorithm is not supported) occurs when there is no implementation of the SHA1 hashing algorithm loaded with the JVM. This is most likely because another java/jar binary than the one shipped with Defold is used. If that is the case, and you need it to be like that for some reason, you can look into installing cryptographic support (which is not shipped with the standard installation of JRE/JDK). @mikael.lothman can give you additional details about this.

I think Adam or Daniel had the same problem a couple of weeks ago, I can’t remember the details but maybe @britzl could ask them tomorrow.

5 Likes

Hi. I’m still having this issue. Can somebody guide me on how to use Defold’s Java / how to install crypto support? @jakob @mikael.lothman ?

Running /Applications/Defold.app/Contents/Resources/packages/jre/bin/java with JAVA_HOME="/Applications/Defold.app/Contents/Resources/packages" in the path still seems to give the same hashing algo error.

EDIT: Managed to get it to work with: /Applications/Defold.app/Contents/Resources/packages/jre/bin/java -Djava.ext.dirs=/Applications/Defold.app/Contents/Resources/packages/jre/lib/ext

You should be able to use JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext as ext.dirs just like in your edited example.

I’m building a small test project with excluded collection proxies (live update) with vanilla JDK 1.8 and 9 without problems. Do someone have a minimal project that won’t build with a regularly installed java?

1 Like