Blastlands: Team Combat

Congrats! I don’t get to play yet though it looks like. :earth_americas:

icon%20(2)

I had to zoom in to realize this was a guy holding a double gatling gun? The face/hand is really hard to read. The gatlings look great though. An old trick I still use for finding good app icons is to place ads on Facebook with good targeting and then use different images but the same text to test click through rates of the different images. Can be a cheap way to get good images for your market which attract attention and also compel people to click, which can mean better organic installs on the app stores.

3 Likes

Thanks! Sry for keeping you waiting, being a Tier 1 country, you will probably have to wait for a while. Yes, we are doing lots of app store tests right now and yes, most of the time you get results that you wouldn’t expect. This icon is actually in the lead.

2 Likes

Great job!

8 Likes

Congratulations France, Russia and Netherlands!

Blastlands: Team Combat is now available in your countries!

Also we (finally) added a community page here at Defold.

10 Likes

Awesome! I’ve been waiting for this! The game runs really smooth and is way more fun than I thought, I’m now hooked as well :smiley:

7 Likes

Thanks amel! Glad you like it.

4 Likes

As some of you may have already read, I am sad to announce that we are putting Blastlands:Team Combat to the side and will now focus on other game titles. The main reason for this decision is simply that Blastlands, after thorough testing, didn’t reach our highly set standards.
The game will still be out there in actively launched countries and will be playable for an undetermined length of time, although no longer supported. We will also not launch the game on to further countries/app stores.

Tech wise, creating a fast paced, realtime, async multiplayer game is one of the hardest things you probably can try on the mobile games market. Still, I’m happy to declare that tech has not been a major factor for this decision. Instead, the Defold engine has really stood up to it’s test both as a client and as a headless authoritative server.

I am really thankful for all the amazing support from both the Defold team and it’s community. You have been awesome, fast responding and service minded.

Even though I cannot disclose anything about the future yet, we’ll make sure to have some great games for you to play in the future!

best regards
Andreas

16 Likes

huh… what can I say. Blastlands was (and still is) a true tech benchmark and a showcase of Defold.

I’ll hold my breath until your next announcement, I guess :wink:

9 Likes