App and window icon on Windows (DEF-3126) (SOLVED)

I am still unable to add a custom icon into my Windows bundles. Application still has the defold icon. Unable to release application until we can properly brand the app. I am using version 1.2.152

0 Likes

We’re all away on a corporate event this week, but we’ll take a look at this on Monday.

@Pkeod. You got Windows icons to work didn’t you?

0 Likes

Yes - I think we rely on DefOS to display the window icon properly. You can check the DefOS example for an example on how to set window icon fully.

@david.oshiro How are you making your Windows ICO file? Can you upload sample? I think ones generated from https://iconverticons.com/ work if you upload a large enough size.

0%20-%20Faerie%20Solitaire%20Harvest

2019-05-09%2006_43_41-Select%20One%20from%20Multiple%20Icons

3 Likes

We obviously need to document the requirements and steps better. I’ll make a note and make sure we update it next week.

1 Like

@david.oshiro could you explain a bit more what you have tried? It should be a .ico file as described here: App and window icon on Windows (DEF-3126) (SOLVED)

0 Likes

These settings appear to have worked. It is weird to have to use an extension to add an icon to your app. I also noticed that the order of the layers makes a difference. It should be listed like your example from largest to smallest. I had it reversed and the icon did not show up.

0 Likes

It’s because of the legacy of Defold being mobile first and not desktop first, but at least these days we can get most of the desktop polish we want. I still think DefOS should be an official part of the engine even if its functions are also an optional extension. And icons should work without the extension needed.

0 Likes