Android build issue. jarsigner?

Hi,

I decided to build my game for Android which I havent done for a few days.

I get this error after a 5 minute wait…
“Cannot run program “jarsigner”: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified”

Version I am using is 1.2.173

I tried downloading defold again and reinstalling it

The android build version is setup like this…

Game still is running fine on Windows.

Attached log file…

editor2.2020-09-15.zip (2.9 KB)

Works on my other PC… must be the release / debug … that is the only difference in the settings. Must have changed it by accident.

I’m not getting the same problem when I try on Windows 10, but I have a clue as to what may be causing it in your case. I’ll see if we can create a fix.

I created a ticket: https://github.com/defold/defold/issues/5209

I’m still getting the error when I try to build an Android application on Ubuntu.

Cannot run program "/home/Defold/packages/jdk11.0.1/bin/jarsigner": error=2, No such file or directory

There is no jarsigner in the packages/jdk11.0.1/bin folder. Only java, jrunscript and keytool.

2 Likes

Hmm, jarsigner exists in the macOS and Windows editor bundles. I’m investigating why jarsigner isn’t present on Linux.

I had the same problem on windows. %D0%B8%D0%B7%D0%BE%D0%B1%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B6%D0%B5%D0%BD%D0%B8%D0%B5

This error appears with and without keystore setting
When I use bob, then everything is fine.

Correction: It exists in the JDK that we bundle with the editor (OpenJDK 11.0.1), but for some reason it’s not included in the editor bundle. I’m investigating.

1 Like

Same problem here with Windows.
Is there a workaround to make it work?

I can use version .172 to create android bundle, but then the key singing is different and makes things more difficult for me.

It’s a problem with the editor update. We’re going to push a new beta version of the editor later today to fix this. The solution if you don’t want to wait is to download the full editor from d.defold.com/beta and replace the one you have.

1 Like

Thanks, 174 174 is working.