Access camera/photos

i tried that but then i get this error

Perhaps you have a custom Info.plist?
Is it up-to-date?
You can find the latest one under the builtins folder in the editor.

Now the camera doesnt start in ios or android… do i need to update the code as well? it just looks like this with a defold image as picture where the camera feed use to be

And on osx i still get the same error as above

i tried both /builtins/manifests/XXX/Info.plist /camera/manifests/XXX/Info.plist for all different build targets ios, android and osx

You should no longer need to specify a custom manifest/plist file. It should work with the default one from builtins. We merge all manifest files at build time to create the final file with all dependencies from extensions included.

But it doesnt, i get this SEVERE: error if i use any other plist and camera extensons than the ones i got from you years ago?

Does it work when you use the extension-camera example project?

Yes, it looks like it

You mean, it doesn’t work?

I’ve now tested it myself, and there seems to be a discprepancy between how the editor uploads files compared to how the bob.jar does it.
With bob.jar, it works.

We’ll have to look into this.

1 Like

Sorry, i ment it doesn’t work with the example project either. So what can i do? just wait for you maybe? or can i use that bob.jar and if so, how and where? :slight_smile:

I’ll have a look today at this issue.

In the meantime, you can either use bob as a standalone tool or automatically by bundling the app (bundling always invokes bob in the background).

1 Like

I have an editor fix pending review here.

1 Like

Nice, when can that one be merged to master and will i get a update notification in the editor when it is?

I have merged the fix, and the new editor should be available in ~15 minutes.

Yes, you’ll get an update notification in your editor.

Super quick response from you guys! awesome work! :slight_smile:

Now i get another error/crash when trying the camera example

@Mathias_Westerdahl ?

Hmm, Not sure why that is.
It didn’t behave that way on my computer (Big Sur 11.5.2)

The callstack doesn’t tell much. Perhaps you could launch the dmengine via lldb to see if we get some more information:

> lldb -o run ./build/x86_64-osx/dmengine

do i need to be in a special directory to run that i guess?

the path “./build/x86_64-osx/dmengine” is relative to your project folder.

Found it, under the camera extension, and when i did it from terminal i got a question that i need to input computer password, and then it started fine. I didnt get that question when trying to start from defold