A big thank you

I want to thank this community. I’m a disabled programmer who had worked in the industry for over 30+ years. That is until my lifetime disability got the better of me 10 years ago. I started slowly with Defold and it took forever to finish my game (due to the fact that its hard to work on it with my condition.) But with the support of this community, I finally did it. Its a simple game that is similar to the games I played in physical therapy after being forced to give up on my career. I’m just so excited to have completed it. Again, a big thank you.

28 Likes

Thank you @josharris ! I’m happy to hear that you find pleasure in working with Defold and interacting with our community. In fact, by posting this you’re also part of the community. Welcome. I hope you’ll keep working on projects using Defold in the future.

5 Likes

I definitely will. I can’t think of a better product and community support.

7 Likes

Congrats Joseph! Anything you can share?

1 Like

I’m almost embarrassed to share here. It’s a very simple game. Right now, it’s only on Android. Waiting to borrow a MacBook to compile to iOS.

18 Likes

There is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of! Congratulations on your release! :partying_face:

It’s a fun game and it looks great too! Well done! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Nice! I got through the first set of levels, not sure how many there were before i was taken back to the menu screen. It works, it’s fun, it keeps you coming back. It is incredibly satisfying to see all of the pieces settle when you do a level quickly. Well done on your first release.

Thank YOU for sharing this. Keep working hard.
Downloading the game.

1 Like

After completing a chapter of 25 levels, it should have taken you back to where you could select another chapter. There are 100 levels in total.

1 Like

Thanks for giving this old timer some much needed hope.

7 Likes