64-bit Linux installtion grief

The topic I replied to was from November, so I thought I’d start a new thread.

This was the topic: Does not launch on Linux / Ubuntu

1. I’m running Kubuntu 14.10 LTS 64-bit.

2. I realize that the Defold devs are working on a 64-bit Linux version. But as that was mentioned months ago, I have no idea where they’re at with that now.

Installing the package TylerW recommended in that thread brought me from a Defold executable that’d do absolutely nothing (that I could tell), to being able to launch a splashscreen, but no application (not its GUI, anyway.) Plus, the error message said it wrote a log in /metadata/, but absolutely no file could be found there.

Help me! Please! :cry:

Thanks,
Kim

2 Likes

Hey!

Sorry about the poor info on linux 64 bit support, it has caused a lot of confusion. We currently don’t support it, but people have been able to get it working anyway to various degrees. As far as I know, we are scheduled to support it in the next release, so probably next week or the week after.

Literally? Like, before April?

As far as I know, yes, but we need to get back from GDC first and check where we are on it, so no promises. We will know more on monday. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome! Thanks. I know it must be very hard work.

3 Likes

Linux 64-bit support is actively worked on in our current sprint. I cannot guarantee that it will be included in our next release, but it’s likely.

2 Likes

I posted an update in the old thread. Sorry for not making the april-deadline, but you can get testing-access this week if you’re up for it. :slight_smile: