Unofficial Defold Game Jam #1

Very pretty game :smiley: is the button (Start/restart) pre-made or did you make some magic tricks in Defold? :smiley:

3 Likes

Heavy Terror Machine

Hello Guys :hugs:
After having a really late start for the UDG#1, I now have a solid idea to build upon. The game is called the Heavy Terror Machine, and is based actually on a OGA art pack by same name. (I did not change the name because of the cool splash screen I got with the art :slight_smile:)

So, What's the game all about?

Huge Robot(s), have attacked Earth, and as always, Humanity takes up its stand against the invaders. But there's a slight change - someone put the control of the Robot in your hands. Take the command of a death machine, nicknamed The Boss by humans, and wreck havoc on Earth, destroying every thing that comes your way.

The Progress

Day 1

Day 1 progress was quite good. I now have moving player, moving enemies and buildings getting damaged. Here’s a ss-

What next?
Some basic shooting and score management for tomorrow

A Special Word

Thanks Defold Team for having this jam, and the community for making it great
(And I hope that I am able to finish my first jam)

10 Likes

I wish! 3D render > flipbook animation :smiley:

3 Likes

Great One man!!

3 Likes

Result for the day

8 Likes

Day 6:

Actually I’m amazed how much I could make in a short period :smiley: I’ve added spells with theirs effects, informations and system data handling, collisions etc. I’ve managed to add 3 type of carriers for each element:

• Missles - typical damage dealing magic missles that triggers an effect on the collided object
  • Traps - conjured spells that lasts for a moment on a small area and generally deals damage and triggers effects
  • Self - casted on the hero himself, that adds bonuses like healing, more damage/defence or slowmotion

Some of the objects are also affected by the spells, so for example a burned object deals damage if the hero will touch it! :face_with_head_bandage:
Aand the major change is the special boss’ Thor-like counter-attack :cloud_with_lightning: - let it be a surprise :smiley: I started also balancing the game and added statistics like damage and defence of the hero and mobs that affects calculations of every attack and interaction. Also added some small particlefxs to indicate hits, xp gain, statistics change, effects etc.
The biggest surprise for me was how quickly and easily I can add and play sounds! It was my first try in Defold and I’m happy with effects :wink: All samples are from freesound.org thanks to qubodup, thanks!

Tommorow I’m going to prepare a build and submit it on the page, so you could check this out (finally)! :smiley:

12 Likes

The base idle battle mechanic done. :grinning:
You can create hero and he will kill enemies and grind gold. That all for now :crossed_swords: :moneybag:

11 Likes

Here is something.

7 Likes

Yes!

I’ve managed to create a demo and submitted it to the UDGJ#1!
I’m excited! Enjoy the encounter! :smiley:

14 Likes

We made it!

13 Likes

Here is my entry. It’s not finished yet, but I have to release to meet the deadline.
Will probably take another day to finish it.

Video: https://youtu.be/fAq56MIIcFw

11 Likes

HEAVY TERROR MACHINE

Day 2

made some good improvements, added more functionality.

Day 3

GAVE UP!!!

(Life’s sometimes just too harsh :sob: )

11 Likes

The source code for my entry is available here: https://github.com/benjames-171/defold-games/tree/master/Nanowar

9 Likes

Well done everyone, 10 submissions so far! :smiley: If anyone want to do a late submission PM me.

Been extremely bad att posting updates for my submission (only some videos on twitter). :cold_sweat: But I managed to put together a multiplayer snake game (played on the same keyboard) which looks like this:

You can try it for yourself here: https://andsve.itch.io/blockoperatedsnakesystem

The theme was kind of forced in, but hey! :slight_smile: There are a lot of things I would like to have added, items to pick up/powerups etc. Might do a post mortem forum post since I didn’t do a devlog. :thinking:

On a more general UDGJ note: If you have any feedback for future jams let us know. I’ll try to send out a feedback/survey link in a couple of days to see if we should do this again and in what form. :+1:

13 Likes

11 actually, last was submitted by @sergey.lerg as I see :smiley: and every on of them is really cool :smiley:

@TheKing0x9 see, you can submit anytime :wink:

@sven seems like you used some auto tiling, right? :smiley:

7 Likes

Yes, for the destructible/eatable walls! The snakes started out as such also, but changed to some special rendering magic after some input from @jhonny.goransson. I should start writing that post mortem post. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you for sharing your source code! Code for my entry here: https://github.com/britzl/udgj-boss

6 Likes

Great work/progress all of you!

So sad I couldnt participate this time :frowning: :frowning:
Next time I surely will be there!

3 Likes

Unfortunately I missed deadline, but I want to share my game here :slight_smile:

Thank you!

8 Likes

Funny game, @ilyabiltuev :smiley:
BTW. I also updated my game. I’ve added a table with all spells from the demo, hope it will be useful (@sergey.lerg) :wink: Also the updated version is uploaded with more indicators regarding combat (I appreciate now more well prepared game GUIs, I didn’t realized there are so useful to get the game mechanic) , more powerful spells and a wins/fails score (that now will relatively increase/decrease boss HP in every try) is displayed at the end of each encounter :smiley:

5 Likes