Teaser Fridays and Roadmap talks

Not sure. We’re currently really busy with the Rive integration and improved atlas packer. But it is high on our list and will hopefully be finished as one of the next tasks.

11 Likes

Teaser for custom vertex format support for Models:

This is basically a preamble to support more higher-level features such as GPU skinning and instancing (which is next on my list now).

18 Likes

I’m currently working on LSP auto-completion integration:

13 Likes

Can you give an approximate date for Rive integration to become available?

We’re doing some final touches on it, but our hope is to have a technical preview out tonight :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Currently working on adding 3D support for changing individual collision shapes:

Yesterday we discussed what we want to do with the physics support, and so you can expect more features to be added in the near-ish future!

15 Likes

Here’s part of an upcoming engine feature - loading buffers + creating textures asynchronously:

The feature will add a few new functions to do this:
sys.load_buffer(…)
sys.load_buffer_async(…)
resource.create_texture_async(…)

Currently only the resource loading part is done asynchronously, but after the new sys functions are done we will also add uploading of texture data async. The new sys functions are somewhat similar to the load functions we already have, but the main difference here is that they will load items from the resource system first (i.e read from all the resource mount locations, like disk, http, zip archives) and fallback to regular file reading

23 Likes

I decided to be the necromancer of the month by posting in this ancient thread.

A few improvements to the Debug->Simulate Resolution functionality in the editor:

• The selected resolution is now saved for a project, including custom resolutions.
  • The selected resolution is applied every time the engine starts.
  • A few new iPhone devices and a new “Handheld” section were added.
  • Resolution simulation now works for all launched instances.

19 Likes

Good job, necromancer @AGulev ! I like this thread and the insight into the work you guys do.

7 Likes

One more small teaser

Now it’s going to be easier to view logs from debug builds on different platforms.

15 Likes