Slasher-prototype [open source]

today i was try it, but after downloaded from github repo, export in a folder and open inside defold, defold (after 100% loaded project) crash and close itself. I cannot open the project :frowning:

it because the project use old Spine runtime and json for Spine models. To open this project as is you need an outdate Defold editor version, perhaps any version dated last year. You can download it here Defold Downloads to try project. (both editor version may works in the same time)

1 Like

what version do you suggest to me? Already suggested the 1.2.192 version, it opens but noi i don’t have the builtins/materials/spine.material file. How can i solve it? Nice work anyway! I want to study this project to learn how to do 2.5d games and tomorrow a 3d game mixed with 2d like your games

Add Spine extension version below 2 as dependency. This one is the last old Spine runtime (before transition to official Spine extesion): Release Fixed IK target url · defold/extension-spine · GitHub

No luck, now with that version of defold not opens anymore… :frowning: where can i find some documentation about implement a game like your?

I’ve forgotten. There is another branch https://github.com/Dragosha/slasher-prototype/tree/beta-spine (15 Oct 2021) try it.

3 Likes

it works! not build but at least i can navigate the project and see how you arranged elements inside the project. Thanks so much! It opens with the v1.3.4 too