Pipler + DragonKid - puzzle games

6s I think is more powerful than my laptop =). no surprise =).
I have some plans for pipler. but first of all freelance. then puzzle platformer and only then i’ll come back to this game.

4 Likes

Hello Defold team.
I see that you guys still think do you need or not to implement google services or not. And it’s a good time to explain why I moved to Unity with pipler game.

Couple of months ago my friend artist contacted me with new layout of the game and I finally decided to update pipler game. At that point I also wanted to implement missed features which I like. Mainly it’s a leader boards based on period (daily, weekly, overall) + user authentication.

At that point I was freelancing with unity, so I made a choice to use Unity for the game, to get native support for user authentication and leaderboard as unity already has native services implementation for iOS. and google provide official plugin to work with them. I’m sorry I didn’t have resources to write(and support) my own native extension to get it work in Defold.

I still not finished the game, and work on it in a free time, and this post is only to let you know my motivation to use another engine. And I hope to see play services integration in defold, as it’s really important feature for competitive games like mine.

13 Likes