Official Spine runtime extension - BETA testing

There’s now also a crash fix for when setting a new callback during the current callback in Gui.

2 Likes

It seems like the callbacks are no longer called at all.

1 Like

Hmm… I’ll double check

It should be fixed now.

2 Likes

Thanks, confirm fixed.

4 Likes

I have been following this thread from the sidelines but once again I’m astonished by the speed and level of response when a bug is discovered. I have that same level only at work but the company employs 500+ people.
Thanks again to everyone involved. Best subscription I have ever made.

10 Likes

I’m on beta version of editor (1.2.193) and I have encountered issue with changing spine scenes in gui. Whenever I change spine scene, the game is crashing:

ERROR:SCRIPT: upload/defold-spine/src/script_spine_gui.cpp:227: LuaStackCheck: Unbalanced Lua stack, expected (3), actual (2)

gui.set_spine_scene(gui.get_node("Mission Image"), "mis0")

I assume that now this function require 3 params?
Docs are stating 2: API reference (gui)

_crash.zip (1.8 KB)

P.S. Playing spine scenes, without changing scene is working fine.

1 Like

Thank you for the report.
Fixed in the new spine release 2.0.1 https://github.com/defold/extension-spine/releases/tag/2.0.1

4 Likes

Now it is crashing with such message:
Assertion failed: n->m_Version == version, file …\src\gui.cpp, line 161

Again, on scene change

1 Like

This is the real issue hidden behind the first one which was a small typo.

1 Like

There’s now a fix for that too in https://github.com/defold/extension-spine/releases/tag/2.0.2

3 Likes

Thanks. It’s working)

But my errors does not stop here)
When dynamically creating gui spine node it is crashing:

local animal_image = gui.new_spine_node(vmath.vector3(90, 90, 0), "scene id")
ERROR:CRASH: CALL STACK:

ERROR:CRASH:  7 0x7FF6BA458050 dmSpine::CreateBones /tmp/job10074807639122694608/upload/defold-spine/src/gui_node_spine.cpp:471

ERROR:CRASH:  8 0x7FF6BA457310 dmSpine::SetupNode /tmp/job10074807639122694608/upload/defold-spine/src/gui_node_spine.cpp:643

ERROR:CRASH:  9 0x7FF6BA464CA0 dmSpine::NewSpineNode /tmp/job10074807639122694608/upload/defold-spine/src/script_spine_gui.cpp:67

ERROR:CRASH: 10 0x7FF6BA4709CE lj_BC_FUNCC <unknown>:0

ERROR:CRASH: 11 0x7FF6BA4F20C0 lua_pcall <unknown>:0
1 Like

I’ve just pushed a crash fix for creating new spine nodes with a scene that doesn’t exist:

Is that what you’re doing? E.g. is that “scene id” actually the name of the scene in the list of gui spine scenes?

1 Like

“scene id” is the name of the scene in the list of gui spine scenes. It is still failing on my code. Do you need any additional info?

2 Likes

Thanks. Yes, any info would be helpful, as I currently cannot reproduce it :thinking:

EDIT: Does the scene have bones?
EDIT2: Might it be possible for me to borrow your scene+textures for testing? (e.g. send via DM)

1 Like

Yes it has. I will send the scene in the dm

2 Likes

And, there’s now another crash fix for the gui.new_spine_scene()
https://github.com/defold/extension-spine/releases/tag/2.0.4

4 Likes

Hi,
I started testing the new extension and beta 1.3 and encountered the following error:

New project, only spine NE (2.0.4 or main.zip, the issue with both version) + just one .spinejson (Haven’t created an atlas for the model yet). Seems it crashed when parsing .spinejson and can’t find the pictures/atlas for this model?

Used ‘mix-and-match-pro’ from official Spine examples for test.

3 Likes

Thanks, there is now a release 2.0.5 with a fix for that issue.

3 Likes