Missing Font (SOLVED)

What platform are you on?

1 Like

I was developing for android on windows

I can’t reproduce this issue either. Tested on osx, windows, html5 and android. Are you on the stable channel (Help->About in editor)? Not that it should matter, but we need to start somewhere :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do you build? (using bob.jar or the editor)

1 Like

macOS.

1 Like

I can reproduce this problem
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NRKxMPlBNAS8k49J2fQu_EI5kR3LfPXS/view?usp=sharing

capture
and my editor version

I seem to have a problem in gui.set_text ()

Yes, the warning message (and scrambled visual effect) happens after gui.set_text() is used.

Another curious fact about the font I sent above; it has never shown in the editor before. With the latest Defold version it shows (perfectly) in the editor.

1 Like

This issue with the bitmap font is now fixed in the latest editor. Please update it.

4 Likes

Which is the latest version? Just updated with the blue link inside the editor, which gives me this version:

And the same error:

2 Likes

We have only one right channel for the regular development and this is editor-alpha, stable is the wrong channel, could you please re-download Defold from here?

4 Likes

Done, I’m now in with the cool kidz. Still the same issue, though. Is this the version that should work?

2 Likes

Yes, that’s the one I verified with.

1 Like

The strangest thing just happened. The font started working in the new editor. NO changes in version control. Could the editor player have been cached, or something else equally magical?

Not to worry, though, since it works! :smiley:

3 Likes

version

I have the same problem in this version

1 Like

Your problem is a different one. Your problem is most likely the same as: Cyrillic characters shows not correct in the bundle (1.2.163)

We’re looking into it.

1 Like

Yes, I agree with Björn it’s not the same issue. But please, could you provide a minimal repro-case project for us? We can’t reproduce the issue on our side.

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NRKxMPlBNAS8k49J2fQu_EI5kR3LfPXS/view

I can reproduce
Here is minimal problem project file

3 Likes

There is now a fix in the editor (see this post)
as well as some workarounds for those stuck wih bob.jar for another week.

3 Likes

Nice!
Thank you!
:grinning:

1 Like

Thank you!!
Now, this problem is all solved!

3 Likes