MatchaNovel is an open source multiplatform engine for narrative works, like visual novels and adventure games. It can be integrated with Defold or other Lua based engines, to use narrative features in other genres as well. There’s also a GUI for Defold, so you can create a visual novel with only MatchaScript.
Some key features:
- writer friendly scripting language
- you can make a full release with only MatchaScript code, or you can use Defold to edit the GUI and scenes in a WYSIWYG editor
- strong math and logics support by using Lua expressions and math libraries in the script, or import full Lua files as extensions
- make your own syntax by changing the MatchaScript definitions
- can be used as dialogue system in a full Defold game, or use mini games made in Defold in your visual novel