[Linux] Open Project doesn't work (SOLVED)

Hi,

I just installed the Defold editor on Linux. It opens right but when I press the menu option [File > Open Project] it doesn’t do anything.

In the Workspace Log I have: Unhandled event loop exception

I checked on the FAQ and it appears I have all the dependencies.

My linux is Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa x86_64

Thanks,
Luis Cabellos

The Linux support is for 32 bit but 64 bit is in the pipeline.

Thanks for the info.

There’s a thread on getting Defold to run on 32 bit Linux here: Defold Editor Not Starting in Linux

Temporary fix though! As @sicher said 64 bit Linux support is on the roadmap.

I posted an update on this topic in another thread.

pipeline??

We have 64bit support now.

I’ve just got the 64 bit version on Fedora and I’m having the same issue.

Hmm, @jakob.pogulis, any idea?

Could you try launching the editor by running the script Defold-linux.sh instead of executing the binary?

@jakob.pogulis That fixed the errors on load and I can login and see my projects. However, I’m now getting an error when creating a new branch.

com.dynamo.cr.client.RepositoryException: Unable to create branch
at com.dynamo.cr.client.LocalProjectClient.createBranch(LocalProjectClient.java:101)
at com.dynamo.cr.editor.wizards.ConnectionWizardBranchPagePresenter$CreateBranchRunnable.run(ConnectionWizardBranchPagePresenter.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

Caused by: com.dynamo.server.dgit.GitException: /opt/Defold/plugins/com.dynamo.cr.dgit_1.0.0.201612191732/git/x86_64-linux//bin/git: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

at com.dynamo.server.dgit.CGit.checkResult(CGit.java:105)
at com.dynamo.server.dgit.CGit.checkResult(CGit.java:100)
at com.dynamo.server.dgit.CGit.cloneRepo(CGit.java:149)
at com.dynamo.cr.branchrepo.BranchRepository.createBranch(BranchRepository.java:120)
at com.dynamo.cr.client.LocalProjectClient.createBranch(LocalProjectClient.java:99)
… 2 more

Maybe this could help?

2 Likes

That fixed it, thanks

1 Like