Linux/Debian: Do not see the existing branches of projects / impossible to create new branches (SOLVED)

Log:

Trace:

com.dynamo.cr.client.RepositoryException: Unable to create branch
	at com.dynamo.cr.client.LocalProjectClient.createBranch(LocalProjectClient.java:101)
	at com.dynamo.cr.editor.wizards.ConnectionWizardBranchPagePresenter$CreateBranchRunnable.run(ConnectionWizardBranchPagePresenter.java:70)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

java.version=1.8.0_05
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=ru_RU

Create branch, fix for Debian:

$ wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/main/o/openssl/libssl0.9.8_0.9.8o-4squeeze14_i386.deb
$ sudo dpkg -i libssl0.9.8_0.9.8o-4squeeze14_i386.deb

PS. Existing branch projects remain invisible

Thanks. Yes, this is a necessary dependency.

(see http://www.defold.com/faq#14)

Cheers!

Hello

I’m using Ubuntu 16.04 LTS x86 and I have this error when I create a new branch.

at com.dynamo.cr.client.LocalProjectClient.createBranch(LocalProjectClient.java:101)
at com.dynamo.cr.editor.wizards.ConnectionWizardBranchPagePresenter$CreateBranchRunnable.run(ConnectionWizardBranchPagePresenter.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Caused by: com.dynamo.server.dgit.GitException: ~/Downloads/Defold-linux.gtk.x86/plugins/com.dynamo.cr.dgit_1.0.0.201604181502/git/linux//bin/git: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can you help me? Thanks.

sudo apt-get install libssl0.9.8

Ubuntu 16.04 comes with libssl1.0.0 and libssl0.9.8 is not present in repository :disappointed:

You’ll need to download and install it manually. Download and put into your home dir

http://packages.ubuntu.com/fr/precise/amd64/libssl0.9.8/download

Then run this

sudo dpkg -i libssl0.9.8_0.9.8o-7ubuntu3.2_amd64.deb

3 Likes

Great! The problem has been corrected! Thank you!

3 Likes

I have:

lsb_release -a No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: LinuxMint Description: Linux Mint 18 Sarah Release: 18 Codename: sarah

uname -a Linux HP-ZBook-14 4.4.0-21-generic #37-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 18 18:33:37 UTC 2016 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

and I can’t create branch.

sudo dpkg -i libssl0.9.8_0.9.8o-7ubuntu3.2_amd64.deb did’t work for me :frowning:

What happened when you tried to install libssl? In what way didn’t it work for you?

I installed libssl0.9.8_0.9.8o-7ubuntu3.2_amd64.deb correctly and of course have also

ldconfig -p |grep libssl libssl3.so (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl3.so libssl3.so (libc6) => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libssl3.so libssl.so.1.0.0 (libc6,x86-64) => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0 libssl.so.1.0.0 (libc6) => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0

but nothing changes. I open the project window, select one and can’t create branch.

ps. for now I removed 0.9.8

On Ubuntu 16.04 LTS 64-bit

ldconfig -p |grep libssl libssl3.so (libc6,x86-64) => /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl3.so libssl.so.1.0.0 (libc6,x86-64) => /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.0.0

everything works without installing anything besides OpenAL.

I can’t create branch (and don’t see created on remote server) on Ubuntu based distros like (so far):

• Mint 18 64-bit
  • Xubuntu 16.04 64-bit
  • Maui 16.04 64-bit

Only on native Ubuntu I can do that.

What Ubuntu have that the others don’t?

Here is my two centts
I can create new branches without any errors from Editor.
I have changed remote origin of my project and create new branches with git itself (via terminal) but dont see them in Editor. When I switching between them I see changes in Editor in same moment.
Besides that there is a bug when I try to commit changes from Editor (it asks for password in console, I type it but it asks again).
When I open Editor with project with many branches I see only that which was created from Editor. But when I select it It loads the branch which was checked out from git console by hand.
So I use plain git commands from terminal to commit changes and switch between branches. Its workable.

Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS, libssl0.9.8 installed

Hi @farid!
The editor doesn’t actually create git branches, but a local folder using the name you gave it. So when you then use git to create actual git branches inside that folder, only the currently checked out branch will be visible in the editor.

Also, once you’ve started using a remote host you must use a separate tool to sync the branch (as you’ve noticed). Read more about alternative hosting

We have plans of adding better support for remote hosts in the new editor, but I don’t know when that is going going to get implemented.

1 Like

I’m getting a similar error:

Caused by: com.dynamo.server.dgit.GitException: /opt/Defold/plugins/com.dynamo.cr.dgit_1.0.0.201612191732/git/x86_64-linux//bin/git: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypto.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I ran locate libcrypto.so and got the following:

/usr/lib/.libcrypto.so.1.0.2j.hmac
/usr/lib/.libcrypto.so.10.hmac
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.1.0.2j
/usr/lib/libcrypto.so.10
/usr/lib64/.libcrypto.so.1.0.2j.hmac
/usr/lib64/.libcrypto.so.10.hmac
/usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.1.0.2j
/usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.10

Does this help with your specific problem?

That fixed it, thanks for your help.