Interrogation - A noir psychological game

Hi!

I haven’t written here in a long while (mainly because I was too busy actually working on the game to talk about it on the forums). A lot has happened: Our team grew, our art style changed, our gameplay feels more natural, the game now has a story and campaign intermissions, we had a photoshoot with about 40 actors, and so on…

This week we got accepted into Square Enix Collective. We’d really appreciate a vote and some feedback on the game’s Collective project page!

Secondarily, we’ll have a booth at Gamescom with RGDA (Romanian Game Developer’s Association). If you’re at Gamescom, come by if you’d like to chat or play the game.

To get a feel of what the game has become, here’s our trailer:

Looks great! The game has come a long way since you announced it beginning of 2017!

Hi, Defold forum! A few days ago we launched our Steam page. Wishlist it, if you wish it! :wink:

With that out of the way, here’s our status half a year later: We worked really hard on two fronts.

1. Polishing the game overall. From techy things like gamepad and keyboard support, an intl refactor to UX things like cleaning up UI and reviewing various user interactions.
  2. Endlessly iterating on the narrative-gameplay content (plus all the tooling support the Writing team needed along the way). This is the bulk of the work in this game. We built an in-house level editor for our narrative puzzles, which allowed our writers to increase the complexity of the writing and game design. It still takes forever to design, write and test an interrogation (and I honestly don’t think I could ever do what Writing does), but I must admit it’s super satisfying at the end when Writing asks us (the Programming team) to help out with testing and play a level.

There’s still a lot to do, but the end is in sight and things are getting exciting.

Great news, you should have it done long time ago. Now work with steam community - publish some art, news, etc in game community hub.

Edit: also I recommend to translate it at least to Chinese and German.

Added to my wishlist! How many have you collected in the few days it’s been up so far?

I bet the Papers, Please dev would be interested in making a Steam bundle with your two games at some point. I’ve done bundles on Steam with other devs before and they do make an impact.

That’s a pretty good idea. Thanks. We have about 100 with just some limited promotion on Facebook so far. The plan is to start working on putting a community together in the coming months.