Heli-Rescue

Nice work as always!

1 Like

You should put it up on itch.io to reach a wider audience! (And maybe also Steam!)

2 Likes

It’s already on itch.io (link in my above post). Hadn’t thought about Steam at all though but it might be worth looking into.

2 Likes

gamejolt, gog, steam… why not? Your game is small, but you put it out for free. So probably the community shall appreciate it even on bigger platforms like Steam.

1 Like

Any plans for gamepad support?

2 Likes

Thaks for the suggestions! I’ve put up a page on Game Jolt offering Windows and browser versions of the game.

As I only offer free games, Steam Direct isn’t really an option with its $100 registration fee.

To be honest, interest in my games outside of the Defold community is pretty low nowadays. Something shifted about a year ago on the Android Play Store particularly. My games were getting maybe a few hundred or even a few thousand downloads but my last three on there have vanished without a trace with only a small handful of takers. As a result I’ve abandoned Android as a viable format for now and trying desktop platforms instead. itcho.io seems to be the best place for homebrew games!

6 Likes

Well, I believe that why not develop this gane further? I think that this game has a lot of potential, and can be developed into a nice, big title. I know that will consume time, but I put my vote to say that the final game would be worth it.

1 Like

I’d like to do a “bigger” game, I really would. Have just heard too many horror stories about indies investing their savings and years of their lives into a game that ends up a flop.

I’d more likely attempt such a thing with a decent marketing/ideas person on board, though finding good people to collaborate with is also quite a challenge. I’ve tried it before with a designer and an artist but the whole thing was a big waste of time.

2 Likes