Defold + Biosim4

Hooray its done :slight_smile: … After wife caught covid, then me and a bunch of other “life getting in the way” events, I finally got back to this and finished it off.

Check out the repo - it should run on anything. I hope to have the Itch.io version up in the next hour or so.

The major changes:

• Its all in lua. With the exception of the chart generation for the neural network view (this can be converted too, but I wont bother atm).
  • The integration of the UI and the application is better now its in Lua.
  • There are lots of globals, to get around problems with how the code was written in C++
  • Some of the table objects are still very inefficient. If you want, you could speed it up :slight_smile:
  • It should work in all platforms now.

Itch page here: https://bukkat.itch.io/biosim4-lua
NOTE: The Itch / HTML version is the slowest!

Screenies:

8 Likes

Uggh. Just tried to bundle Mac and it fails on the chart stuff. This can be commented out, and not included - just means that the neural network for a single node wont be rendered in the third tab panel.
Theres probably a simple way to solve this, but atm, Im leaving it.

1 Like

And it is very cool, too, I just played with it a bit.

Hope you are all fine now!

4 Likes

Hi @anon95708182. We are currently doing fine, my wife and I are recovering. Luckily we managed to minimise the spread to just myself and my wife. We were quite lucky in this, since we saw our whole family the weekend my wife had contact with someone infectious. None of them have had it transmitted to them.

Thanks for the concern, and glad you liked the little app. Its interesting in its current form, but might be far more interesting as an AI library :slight_smile:

7 Likes